Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 10:05 PM

Bob RIP

Street Cat Named Bob, has passed away at the age of 14.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-author.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2020, 11:30 PM

Re: Bob RIP

Aw, that's sad, Cinders.
I suppose at least he died feeling more loved than he would have done had Mr. Bowen not come into his life.
I am sure he will be greatly missed by this man.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 07:52 AM

Lovely story
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:01 AM

The cat saved his life in every way possible.

In a statement on the official Facebook page for his book.

"It's as simple as that. He gave me so much more than companionship. With him at my side, I found a direction and purpose that I'd been missing."

"He's met thousands of people, touched millions of lives.

"There's never been a cat like him. And never will again.
"I feel like the light has gone out in my life. I will never forget him."

Pet owners know what he means.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:15 AM

Your thread has made me cry because, as a cat lover, I read the book a few years ago and both Bob and his owner captured my heart.

I don't often thank people for bad news, but I would like to thank you because I have often wondered how Bob was faring.... now I know he will have gone to that big cattery in the sky.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:26 AM

It made me cry too Twinks....what a gorgeous little chap he was. Rest in peace little Bob...you touched so many hearts
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

17-06-2020, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Your thread has made me cry because, as a cat lover, I read the book a few years ago and both Bob and his owner captured my heart.

I don't often thank people for bad news, but I would like to thank you because I have often wondered how Bob was faring.... now I know he will have gone to that big cattery in the sky.
Did not intend to cause any distress, wanted to celebrate the incredible bond people can have with animals and this extraordinary cat has left his paw prints on a lot of people's hearts.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

17-06-2020, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
It made me cry too Twinks....what a gorgeous little chap he was. Rest in peace little Bob...you touched so many hearts
He certainly did.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Did not intend to cause any distress, wanted to celebrate the incredible bond people can have with animals and this extraordinary cat has left his paw prints on a lot of people's hearts.
He certainly has!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 04:47 PM

What a shame. I have also read the book and he was such a character. At least he found his soul mate in life.

RIP Bob.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top