Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 02:54 PM

Re: Sound bar.

If we watch our Panasonic flat screen TV the sound levels are fine and we can normally hear what's being said. However, if we are watching something on Sky, then the opposite is true. We have to have the volume turned up 2X higher or more and sometimes still struggle to understand the dialogue.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 04:55 PM

My sound bar is a Sony one and came with a separate sub-woofer (a speaker that plugs into the soundbar for a purer base sound). It also has a surround sound feature that precludes the use of extra speakers dotted around the room.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:50 PM

We just use the subtitles all the time. I can hear very well but it's handy if you miss what they say on the news because the words come up a few seconds later.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 06:50 AM

Ours is Sony too with the sub woofer speaker Carol....it came as part of a TV package when we bought a new TV ...its ok the sound it good..

Hope you find the right one for you...the chaps in the shop are usually helpful....good luck
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We just use the subtitles all the time. I can hear very well but it's handy if you miss what they say on the news because the words come up a few seconds later.
Yes, this is useful.

Except when the text appears before the sound.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 07:07 AM

We've got three TVs .... sitting room, kitchen & bedroom.

My favourite way to watch stuff nowadays is in bed on my laptop .... at arms length with my UE Boom Bluetooth speaker lying on the duvet. Fantastic sound.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

23-06-2020, 07:11 AM

Lots of people now don't have a TV at home ... preferring something like an iPad & Bluetooth headphones.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If we watch our Panasonic flat screen TV the sound levels are fine and we can normally hear what's being said. However, if we are watching something on Sky, then the opposite is true. We have to have the volume turned up 2X higher or more and sometimes still struggle to understand the dialogue.
Yay I've sorted the sound levels on our Sky HD box. I went into the services/sound page and changed just one setting from "normal" to "Dolby B", saved it and backed out. What a difference it's made. If anything it's too loud now
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yay I've sorted the sound levels on our Sky HD box. I went into the services/sound page and changed just one setting from "normal" to "Dolby B", saved it and backed out. What a difference it's made. If anything it's too loud now
It isn't the loudness of the sound that bothers me - I can hear a clock ticking in a room.

It's the clarity that I have problems with & making it louder wouldn't help me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2020, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It isn't the loudness of the sound that bothers me - I can hear a clock ticking in a room.

It's the clarity that I have problems with & making it louder wouldn't help me.

What is the make and model of your TV?

I might be able to find the manual …..

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top