Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 03:32 PM

The EU's New (Junk) Bond Scheme

There is an excellent article in The Spectator today from Matthew Lyn who has written a brilliant summary around the mutualised debt, junk corona-bond and solidarity issues faced by the members of the Eurozone. I've posted about these on here previously, but it's good to have this out there again, especially from a published author, financial columnist and authority on the subject.

A great 5 minute read ....

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...id-as-it-seems
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Re: The EU's New (Junk) Bond Scheme

In, 2009/2010 saw the introduction of the great bailout project from the ECB to recover the Eurozone post the financial crisis. The ECB pledged to pump out billions and billions of Euros a month (which it did ... and still does) in order to :

1. Reduce unemployment
2. Get the Economy back on track to growth
3. Prevent the members being stricken with poverty
4. Increase inflation and wages

So the big question today in view of this is ...... "has this actually worked ?"
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
In, 2009/2010 saw the introduction of the great bailout project from the ECB to recover the Eurozone post the financial crisis. The ECB pledged to pump out billions and billions of Euros a month (which it did ... and still does) in order to :

1. Reduce unemployment
2. Get the Economy back on track to growth
3. Prevent the members being stricken with poverty
4. Increase inflation and wages

So the big question today in view of this is ...... "has this actually worked ?"
On answering, compare it with the UK approach, and see what worked best.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 04:23 PM

There is an excellent article in The Spectator today from Matthew Lyn who has written a brilliant summary around the mutualised debt, junk corona-bond and solidarity issues faced by the members of the Eurozone. I've posted about these on here previously, but it's good to have this out there again, especially from a published author, financial columnist and authority on the subject.

A great 5 minute read ....

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...id-as-it-seems
Exactly what four countries (the frugal 4) have been saying all along. Thanks four agreeing with the dutch stance on this.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-06-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Exactly what four countries (the frugal 4) have been saying all along. Thanks four agreeing with the dutch stance on this.

Your solidarity has disappeared
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-06-2020, 05:27 PM

Your solidarity has disappeared
Oh, I still believe in solidarity. The dutch government (and others) is performing it's duty to the dutch people in the organisation we call EU.
I'm glad you are so interested in the EU farings you can explain all. You must love the EU.
Are you sure you voted leave? Or are you a bit of a turncoat?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

25-06-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Oh, I still believe in solidarity. The dutch government (and others) is performing it's duty to the dutch people in the organisation we call EU.
I'm glad you are so interested in the EU farings you can explain all. You must love the EU.
Are you sure you voted leave? Or are you a bit of a turncoat?
So your looking after yourself and throwing your poorer neighbours under the bus because you want to keep your money for yourself
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 08:41 PM

So your looking after yourself and throwing your poorer neighbours under the bus because you want to keep your money for yourself
Im not interested what EU does or doesnt do Bread, as long as we
are out of it!!
Christmas cant come soon enough for me!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-06-2020, 08:48 PM

I think you should go on with your brexit and not bother overly much about the continental's non-british hassle.
Oh sorry, brexit got done by boris, there is nothing for you to do anymore.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-06-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Im not interested what EU does or doesnt do Bread, as long as we
are out of it!!
Christmas cant come soon enough for me!!

Donkeyman! 👍😁👍
Donks, you're out of it. It looks like boris and frost just can't let go and let britain be swept away from europe on the waves of opportunity.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top