Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:09 PM

Taken for a ride.

Not having been off our property since the 19th of March, I decided to take my Lovely Cousin out for a ride around the County in the Money Pit.

Here are a few of the sights from our brief trip.

Three minutes from Fruitcake Folly brings us into open countryside.

Heading out through the next village. Total gridlock!

An apple orchard, part of the industrial heart of the Land of the Summer Settlers.

The Money Pit having a rest in Blagdon village.

Chew Valley Lake.

A nearby common where cows often graze free.

Eleanor lead us to this shady Forestry Commission spot where we stopped to take on water.

It's behind you! A Foxglove amongst the bracken.

A couple of the locals out enjoying the sunshine.

Through the Stargate as it is locally known. Just below the sea wall there were thousands of people enjoying the lack of public toilets.

Heading inland along one of our busy highways.

A visitor to our garden on our return home. Sadly the pics are not up to Gasman's standards.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Re: Taken for a ride.

Lovely pictures FC I bet it felt good to get out and enjoy the beautiful countryside ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 12:41 PM

Great photos FC...

Is the pic, fourth from the end, anywhere near Madeira Cove in Weston?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Great photos FC...

Is the pic, fourth from the end, anywhere near Madeira Cove in Weston?

It is indeed Weston-super-Mud. The stone arch really is known to locals as the Stargate.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

26-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lovely pictures FC I bet it felt good to get out and enjoy the beautiful countryside ...

Yes it was good to get out.

My Lovely Cousin is her Dad's carer, and she really needed a break from all her hard work.

In addition, the old car doesn't like being left for long periods. Bearings and tyres develop flat spots, and seals dry out, so it needed a good long run to ease it's old joints.
The same could be said for me as well.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Super photos Fruitcake. I do like Chew Valley, spent time there bird watching & I love your car.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 03:23 PM

Lovely pictures & car Fruit Cake .
x
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 05:26 PM

It must have been good to get out and see the scenes after staying indoors for so long. Travelling in style too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 07:01 PM

Super photos Fruitcake.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:38 PM

Lovely shots Fruitcake and it looks a really nice place to travel around. Well done for getting out and taking your lovely cousin out for a well earned rest. The countryside and nature can have such a calming effect - we should all do more of it whilst we can.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top