Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 08:47 PM

At last they acknowledge the truth

In my opinion ( I used to post in another forum but it became futile ) and stated long ago , the eu open door policy encourages big corporations /business to rape the host nation in their search for profits under a cloak of lies .... yes they can claim they make jobs ..... but mostly for cheap migrant labour lacing the host country facing wage cuts , social problems with housing education health ETC whilst in reality being of no real use for the people at ground level .... a factory full of cheap migrant labour is if no benifit to me
Yes they prattle on about they pay 'taxes' but in reality they do t once housing benifit ETC is taken into account and the cost of the state funding school places ( estimated it costs £12k /child annum for education , someone on £20k year pays about £3k tax)
I'm all for hard brexit not some halfway house that wasn't on the ballot form .... OUT means OUT , and yes I know there's a possibility of losing billions from the city but I don't care ..... these bankers /business billionaires have simply played every card for years in order to feather their own nests , pay fancy accountants to avoid paying tax ETC and I care not a jot for the peter greens of this world .

Carney warns about popular disillusion with capitalism http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38210169

The Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has warned that people will turn their backs on free and open markets unless something is done to help those left behind by the financial crisis.
In a speech, he said: "Globalisation is associated with low wages, insecure employment, stateless corporations and striking inequalities."
In many advanced economies there are "staggering wealth inequalities," he added.
Mr Carney was speaking in Liverpool.
He told his audience that politicians and central bankers must act to ensure people do not lose faith in the current system.
"Turning our backs on open markets would be a tragedy, but it is a possibility," he said.
"It can only be averted by confronting the underlying reasons for this risk upfront."
Ahmed: Carney says get real, there are losers from free trade
Mr Carney, giving the Roscoe Lecture at Liverpool John Moores University, spoke of the need for wealth distribution and putting individuals back in control.
He cited Prime Minister Theresa May's criticism of "stateless corporations" who paid little tax and had little responsibility to local communities.
The governor said: "Redistribution and fairness also mean turning back the tide of stateless corporations."
"As the prime minister recently stressed, companies must be rooted and pay tax somewhere.
"Businesses operating across borders have responsibilities," he added.
'Challenges to prosperity'
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 10:10 PM

Re: At last they acknowledge the truth

What does Carney know about real life? He seems to have lived a fairly sheltered life and is on a nice earner at the bank.
Like all bankers he sees us as a cash cow and like cows we must be fed just enough to keep him and his associates in cream. No cows, no cream, no farmers.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
In my opinion ( I used to post in another forum but it became futile ) and stated long ago , the eu open door policy encourages big corporations /business to rape the host nation in their search for profits under a cloak of lies .... yes they can claim they make jobs ..... but mostly for cheap migrant labour lacing the host country facing wage cuts , social problems with housing education health ETC whilst in reality being of no real use for the people at ground level .... a factory full of cheap migrant labour is if no benifit to me
Yes they prattle on about they pay 'taxes' but in reality they do t once housing benifit ETC is taken into account and the cost of the state funding school places ( estimated it costs £12k /child annum for education , someone on £20k year pays about £3k tax)
I'm all for hard brexit not some halfway house that wasn't on the ballot form .... OUT means OUT , and yes I know there's a possibility of losing billions from the city but I don't care ..... these bankers /business billionaires have simply played every card for years in order to feather their own nests , pay fancy accountants to avoid paying tax ETC and I care not a jot for the peter greens of this world .

Carney warns about popular disillusion with capitalism http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38210169

The Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has warned that people will turn their backs on free and open markets unless something is done to help those left behind by the financial crisis.
In a speech, he said: "Globalisation is associated with low wages, insecure employment, stateless corporations and striking inequalities."
In many advanced economies there are "staggering wealth inequalities," he added.
Mr Carney was speaking in Liverpool.
He told his audience that politicians and central bankers must act to ensure people do not lose faith in the current system.
"Turning our backs on open markets would be a tragedy, but it is a possibility," he said.
"It can only be averted by confronting the underlying reasons for this risk upfront."
Ahmed: Carney says get real, there are losers from free trade
Mr Carney, giving the Roscoe Lecture at Liverpool John Moores University, spoke of the need for wealth distribution and putting individuals back in control.
He cited Prime Minister Theresa May's criticism of "stateless corporations" who paid little tax and had little responsibility to local communities.
The governor said: "Redistribution and fairness also mean turning back the tide of stateless corporations."
"As the prime minister recently stressed, companies must be rooted and pay tax somewhere.
"Businesses operating across borders have responsibilities," he added.
'Challenges to prosperity'

First: Why do we to have a Canadian Mark Carney, as ‘Governor of the Bank of England’?
There are plenty of equally qualified British people just as clever as he is.
Also, his recent doom and gloom forecasts he prattled on about have been wrong as well.
He earns £874,000 per year, including £250,00 housing allowance.
He has never known hardship, but he is right about Staggering Wealth inequalities, considering the huge salary he gets.
Why doesn't he concentrate on putting the Banks in order. all making millions, and Directors getting huge bonuses and still neglecting their customers.

We do not need his advice about the Economy.
Our Prime Minister is well able to take care of that department.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->

We do not need his advice about the Economy.
Our Prime Minister is well able to take care of that department.
That sounds like a triumph of optimism over experience.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That sounds like a triumph of optimism over experience.
Theresa has got plenty of clever men to advise her.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2016, 11:56 PM

No clever women ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 12:02 AM

Hi

Mrs May is most definitely herself.

Clever men or clever women makes no difference at all to her.

She makes her own mind up and just goes for it.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

06-12-2016, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
No clever women ?

My omission. there are many very good female economists in the government.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

06-12-2016, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Mrs May is most definitely herself.

Clever men or clever women makes no difference at all to her.

She makes her own mind up and just goes for it.
Very true, swimfeeders.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 04:29 AM

So have all British PMs since the war and look at the mess they've made.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top