Join for free
Page 36 of 164 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:53 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

I didn't expect there would be any short term side effects reported, only by those suffering allergic reactions. However! it's the long term ones that interest me, and those won't be known for a while yet.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 03:57 PM

We had our OxAZ jabs at just after 11am this morning. We had to wait 15 mins afterwards just to make sure V didn't suffer from anaphylactic shock problems 'cos she was driving home. Sharp scratch as the needle went in - just like when you have a flu jab - was all I felt but now I'm developing an insane desire to climb trees, swing through their branches and eat bananas with their skins on oo oo oo oo
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We had our OxAZ jabs at just after 11am this morning. We had to wait 15 mins afterwards just to make sure V didn't suffer from anaphylactic shock problems 'cos she was driving home. Sharp scratch as the needle went in - just like went you have a flu jab - was all I felt but now I'm developing an insane desire to climb trees, swing through their branches and eat bananas with their skins on oo oo oo oo
Just wait until the side effects kick in Percy....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I had my vaccination about an hour ago! I booked it at a local pharmacy as I had received a letter from the NHS!
When I got home I noticed that my doctors surgery had sent a text inviting me to to have the jab at one of their stations. I will let them know I have now had it when their phones are less busy so they can cross me off their list!
I really think it must be a nightmare trying to book appointments for everybody to have a Covid vaccination when we are talking close to 70 million people.... so I can understand people who work at the surgeries trying to prevent unnecessary phone calls.
Every day the News is telling us how many people have died or how many new cases, but wouldn't it be better if they used the news time to let people know that, all who are registered with a doctor's surgery, will receive an invitation when they are part of the group that are next to get one.
I see little point in applauding the NHS staff, then slowing them down by wanting to know when it will be your turn.
I agree, and I suspect that the vast majority of people in this country (legally) would already be registered with a GP.
Perhaps an alternative would be for pharmacists offering the jab to automatically inform the appropriate GP surgery when they give a vaccine.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We had our OxAZ jabs at just after 11am this morning. We had to wait 15 mins afterwards just to make sure V didn't suffer from anaphylactic shock problems 'cos she was driving home. Sharp scratch as the needle went in - just like when you have a flu jab - was all I felt but now I'm developing an insane desire to climb trees, swing through their branches and eat bananas with their skins on oo oo oo oo
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree, and I suspect that the vast majority of people in this country (legally) would already be registered with a GP.
Perhaps an alternative would be for pharmacists offering the jab to automatically inform the appropriate GP surgery when they give a vaccine.
They may already do that JBR as my letter, that told me the pharmacy was my nearest place to get the vaccination, came from the NHS & quoted my NHS number.
I just didn't want my GP surgery having to waste time trying to get me to have a jab that I had already had.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I didn't expect there would be any short term side effects reported, only by those suffering allergic reactions. However! it's the long term ones that interest me, and those won't be known for a while yet.
I am sure there are many who have lost close family members to the virus wish the vaccine had been available earlier OGF, or those suffering from 'long' covid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-02-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
they may already do that jbr as my letter, that told me the pharmacy was my nearest place to get the vaccination, came from the nhs & quoted my nhs number.
I just didn't want my gp surgery having to waste time trying to get me to have a jab that i had already had.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Nice one Twink55!

For those worried about side effects, data released today shows that these vaccines are (so far) extremely safe and in line with for example the flu jab!

"Just 3 in 1,000 Britons reporting side-effects of Covid vaccine"
"Just three in 1,000 Britons are reporting side-effects from the coronavirus vaccines, with most people suffering mild ‘flu-like’ symptoms or sore arms, the first safety analysis has shown today.

Since the vaccine rollout began, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has been monitoring side-effects through its Yellow Card scheme.

First data released on Friday show that out of 6.9million doses given between Dec 9 and Jan 24, just 22,820 incidents were reported."

More are reporting a problem with the AZ jab - but it's a tiny difference with a 0.4% vs 0.3% AZ to Pfizer/Biontech rate.

Here's the link which is paywalled at The Telegraph although a free trial period is available, otherwise the gist of the story is as above.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-vaccine/

Many people who have the flu jab get minor symptoms, like a cold for a couple of days, and think it is flu.
The lady who did my jab said " You could get a sore arm or feel like you are getting a cold but it goes away in a few days... and it isn't caused by Covid!
They gave me a list of possible side effects but there were only a couple of things where it was necessary to contact a doctor as paracetamol would deal with the rest.

I had the AZ jab so I will let you all know if I feel bad...but I dont think I will!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 08:52 PM

I still have had no word about my second Pfizer vaccination.

I am wondering if they are hanging on for the results to see if it is possible to give another vaccine that is different to the first?

I suppose they are hoping they can. I mean when the Pfizer vaccine costs approx £10 a shot and the Oxford vaccine is just under a £2 a shot... it’s obvious that they're hoping it’s ok to do so.

Page 36 of 164 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top