Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Re: Don't ask!

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and wishes --it took two days to get fully back in harness -but I'm there now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 01:49 PM

I've been told and read in the motoring press that some SatNav systems can tell you whe you're approaching a traffic jam - I don't know if that's true, the problem I've had in the past is that even if you know a jam is ahead unless you have some good maps and local knowledge it's not much use, but maybe with Sat Nav. it would find a way around it for you!!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Our Sat Nav 'knows' what's ahead and will find a diversion for you - as long as you haven't gone beyond the point of no return of course!
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Our Sat Nav 'knows' what's ahead and will find a diversion for you - as long as you haven't gone beyond the point of no return of course!
Well that was the problem with where we were stopped -it was on a dual-carriageway with barriers the whole way.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Which one is that ?- I've been slightly negative on SatNavs (I don't like people telling me what to do ) but to tell the truth I might change my mind if only to avoid getting stuck in a jam - I hate it and it does nothing for my blood pressure either
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 01:46 PM

It's a Garmin. It has to be plugged into ... errr, a little skinny wire that goes into - the bluetooth maybe?
Sorree - not my area of expertise/responsibility
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 01:54 PM

It's a Garmin. It has to be plugged into ... errr, a little skinny wire that goes into - the bluetooth maybe?
Sorree - not my area of expertise/responsibility
Tha Garmin GPS is the best if that is what you are talking about. The ones that they make for a boat are truly unbelievable.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

28-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Tha Garmin GPS is the best if that is what you are talking about. The ones that they make for a boat are truly unbelievable.
Thanks, if it's made for marine use it must be pretty good I'll have a look at the Garmin one tonight.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 05:36 PM

My satnav is a Garmin it doesn't redirect me, maybe its the more expensive models.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top