Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Re: Marvellous Monday!

Hi, al. Sunny bt still a bit chilly, 11 degrees again. Feeling lazy so had a lie-in and skipped errands, they can wait till tomorrow. So, no news here.

DM, great you're feeling better. Black Christmas tree, Mags...don't quite fancy that, although I suppose it would go well in a very modern decor.... Nero, that BP is very high! Take care of yourself, please.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Eileen, are you sure you're not living in Alaska?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
Eileen, are you sure you're not living in Alaska?
Lol, I'm reporting the temps in Celsius here for our UK friends! Although it was actually warmer in Alaska a few weeks ago when we had a premature cold snap here.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Lol, I'm reporting the temps in Celsius here for our UK friends! Although it was actually warmer in Alaska a few weeks ago when we had a premature cold snap here.
Now I feel better, I thought you might be having a blonde moment
buzzie
USA

26-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Now I feel better, I thought you might be having a blonde moment
and it looks like I was having one. lol
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 07:31 PM

The generic version is Lisinopril but your Dr. will know best.
Thanks Buzzie, . . I came back from the docs at 2:15pm, all she did was take my BP then told me to return in a weeks time to see if it had stabilised.

I took my BP before I went round so she told me nothing I didn't know myself, in fact the machine I've got is better than the one she used.

The wife was out when I got home, she came in at 4:15 and I told her how I got on, . . . she went ballistic, grabbed the phone and tore a strip off the nurse.

The upshot is she went round and got a script for Lisinopril, I still have to go back on 4th November for further BP readings but personally I think it's just a glitch, . . we shall see.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Thanks Buzzie, . . I came back from the docs at 2:15pm, all she did was take my BP then told me to return in a weeks time to see if it had stabilised.

I took my BP before I went round so she told me nothing I didn't know myself, in fact the machine I've got is better than the one she used.

The wife was out when I got home, she came in at 4:15 and I told her how I got on, . . . she went ballistic, grabbed the phone and tore a strip off the nurse.

The upshot is she went round and got a script for Lisinopril, I still have to go back on 4th November for further BP readings but personally I think it's just a glitch, . . we shall see.
I hope you get it under control soon, take care.
buzzie
USA

26-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->

Good for your wife, that really was high. Of course there are different strengths and he'll probably try you on the lowest to start. It sometimes takes a little while for your system to adjust. Hope this or whatever he decides will keep your BP normal for your age. You are right it could be a one time thing but to be that high it does need attention. Joan
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 08:02 PM

Hope everyone is still enjoying Monday! Dull all day here but pleasant out walking with Loki - she loves her walks and would walk my shoe leather off, if allowed!

Did nothing else though!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 10:35 PM

Evening all-been another miserable day here-very November-ish. Went walking for an hour this morning with Hatti girl then it was off to work at 1pm again Got more exercise there-counted how many times I went up and down the stairs-23 in all! I always thought you shrank with age-but I'm shrinking because me legs are being worn down by those stairs Only starting at 4pm tomorrow so there will be less exercise done! Hope you've all had a good day.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top