Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 11:13 PM

Re: It must be half term!

where we are now its nice. but when we lived in london my god the noise. kids didnt play they stood about 6inches in front of each other and just screamed at each other. went on till gone 12 most night. and then they used to get in the flats and make so much noise. in the end it got to the point where i used to go out and shout back at them. then throw them out.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 11:42 PM

Right now there are only adults on my block and the immediate neighborhood; the children are only little ones in prams being walked, so blessed peace and quiet!
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:44 AM

We have found the perfect way to keep the grandkids amused --its called Lego!
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:34 AM

Well in the end, yesterday, they went over to the park opposite!
It could be worse I know
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 11:15 AM

i went on a bus yesterday . I forgot. I won`t do it again.
there was...
One girl constantly ringing the bell while her mum pretended she couldn`t see or hear
One mum winding up her son (about 8?) about his `girlfriend` aged 13.` You LURVE her, don`t you?
One child playing all the ringtones on his phone over and over
Lots of children sitting on their overfed backsides while frail old ladies and gents stood.
Teenagers swearing
Mums occupying two seats because their shopping needed a rest.
Two buggies loaded to the gills with screaming babies underneath
and a partridge in apear tree.
OK - I lied about the tree.

then I went on the train with the dogs and a yoof said he was gonna stab my dogs because i wouldn`t leave the carriage cos his girl`s baby would have a fit and die cos of da dogs cos like he`s allergic.

Ever feel like becoming a hermit?
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
i went on a bus yesterday . I forgot. I won`t do it again.
there was...
One girl constantly ringing the bell while her mum pretended she couldn`t see or hear
One mum winding up her son (about 8?) about his `girlfriend` aged 13.` You LURVE her, don`t you?
One child playing all the ringtones on his phone over and over
Lots of children sitting on their overfed backsides while frail old ladies and gents stood.
Teenagers swearing
Mums occupying two seats because their shopping needed a rest.
Two buggies loaded to the gills with screaming babies underneath
and a partridge in apear tree.
OK - I lied about the tree.

then I went on the train with the dogs and a yoof said he was gonna stab my dogs because i wouldn`t leave the carriage cos his girl`s baby would have a fit and die cos of da dogs cos like he`s allergic.

Ever feel like becoming a hermit?
Okay you win.see the bouncing ball is nothing compared to that!

Don't get me started on 'the buggy brigade'!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 04:43 PM

When you ride the bus always, you get used to that sort of thing. Really!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:56 PM

The lads used to play football in our street, I asked them politely a few times to go to the park (it's only 150 yards down the street) but they didn't listen, every time a ball came over the hedge the dogs got it and burst it, . . now they go down the park.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

27-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Good for the dogs!!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Half term, loads of kids, can't hear the phone or radios its a nightmare If you tell the children to put things down or stop throwing the balls around the shop some of the parents get quite aggressive. Thank goodness I only have Friday afternoon to go.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top