Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Does anyone?

Does anyone do the same as OH & I when we get our Lottery Ticket...........

"When we win the Lottery, we'll..............................?????

WE just keep adding to ours now,
1 - Move house, but will not spend stupid money on one!
Would like a house with small drive, space for car, 3 bedrooms, large garden etc........Where is another matter
2 Holiday, where to is alway the debate.
3 Something for daughter.
4 OH new car

Silly, really I know but it's only a bit of fun!
I do realise we have no life!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Re: Does anyone?

I have never bought a lottery ticket I can't bear the thought of wasting a £1 on nothing, I would rather spend it on something tangible which can be enjoyed in the here and now like some fruit or sweeties or buy premium bonds as a gamble without losing my money.

It's a good job everyone doesn't think like me or there wouldn't be a lottery

Good luck Sweep xx
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never bought a lottery ticket I can't bear the thought of wasting a £1 on nothing, I would rather spend it on something tangible which can be enjoyed in the here and now like some fruit or sweeties or buy premium bonds as a gamble without losing my money.

It's a good job everyone doesn't think like me or there wouldn't be a lottery

Good luck Sweep xx
We don't do it every week - But appreciate some don't do it at all x
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Of course! After all, I have no delusion that I`ll actually win, so what I`m paying for is a good day-dream.
And I never watch that dreadful Draw - with the howling mob cheering numbers (what`s that about then?) because I prefer to be disappointed in private.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Of course! After all, I have no delusion that I`ll actually win, so what I`m paying for is a good day-dream.
Strange, when I was younger I used to dream of winning the premium bonds but I don't anymore and I wouldn't particularly like to win a lot of money .

It would be nice not to have to worry about putting the heating on or what I will do when my 15 year old car finally gives up the ghost, but if I won lots of money I feel I would be sacrificing something too, the anticipation and enjoyment of little pleasures waited and saved up for .

I think maybe the dream of winning is better than the reality, enjoy your day dreaming Claire x
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 12:01 PM

We never do the lottery but often mentally spend the jackpot!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 02:38 PM

I don't even do it Sweep - although do do what DM does
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 04:58 PM

I never do the lottery here either. Although I too enjoy a good daydream about what to do with the money.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:09 PM

I won nearly £3000 pounds last year, but always say when I win the big one...............
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:00 PM

I only do it when its a rollover and then not always. I would spend a lot of money on our house, and buy a motorhome. Make sure that the family were OK and support a couple of charities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top