Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 02:06 PM

After you've gone ....

A thread currently running in another place but why not pinch the idea?

If you are half of a partnership, do you and your OH have specific roles and responsibilities regarding the running of the house, finances etc? If so - are you aware of what the other half is doing? Or, when the inevitable happens (not for about 80 years of course) and one of you is left alone, will you be able to cope easily?
Can you both access and deal with all finances, cook, operate the washing machine, set the central heating, put out the rubbish, fill the car, change the hoover bag, tax and insure the car, find the pets' vet records etc etc etc?
The other thread suggested a 'death book' (there must be a nicer name - suggestions?) where all sorts of useful snippets could be recorded.

It's a great idea - but will any of us do it. We're all likely to procrastinate on that sort of thing, aren't we?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Re: After you've gone ....

Good thread, and good idea DM.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Excellent advice for partnered people.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 05:38 PM

I wouldn't have a clue where to start, neither would he, I must tell him he will get a nice lump sump if I pop my clogs while I am still employed, maybe not it might give him ideas.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 08:48 PM

The Age Concern LifeBook looks a good idea
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Excellent advice for partnered people.
Agree with you dandysmom-it won't affect me being on my own, but would help others who lose a partner
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:20 AM

This has certainly got me thinking because there are certain parts -mainly financially where one of us always deals with it ....?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 08:31 AM

The owner of our first litters stud dog died suddenly last year and his wife didn't even know the pin number to access their bank account.

Its something we should all be considering in case the worst happened.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Hey up thats brilliant there DM, and suitable for all ages too. Have sent for one. Will tell me sister and brother in law and brother and sister in law.... as well..

A good friend of mine from work Morag her brother in law and his wife in their early 40's...3 children 19 (in army) 14 and 9 the wife caught a virus was taken into hospital then on a life support she died 3 weeks after contracting the initial virus....unexpected and very sudden as 10 days spent on life support....the husband has got got a clue in lots of things. And because of this Morag has realised she had no idea how to switch on/off central heating, so I will mention it to friends too.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Agree with you dandysmom-it won't affect me being on my own, but would help others who lose a partner
You can pass the idea onto friends though,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top