Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2009, 09:49 PM

A little puzzled by the Friends thing

becos I is fick...
I don`t `get` the friends thing on the forum. Aren`t we all friends?
Please will everyone assume I am their friend? Or do I need to visit peeps and ask?
Am I told if I`m rejected?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 12:41 AM

Re: A little puzzled by the Friends thing

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
becos I is fick...
I don`t `get` the friends thing on the forum. Aren`t we all friends?
Please will everyone assume I am their friend? Or do I need to visit peeps and ask?
Am I told if I`m rejected?
I don't 'get' it either, or the messages that can be seen bit (as opposed to PMs)
We don't have these things on Dogsey.
I am pretending they arn't there so I don't have to worry about them
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 01:55 AM

Hopefully they'll make more sense when we go live - the default set-up isn't very well implemented :-/
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 08:18 AM

We have the same thing on my breed specific forum, it took me ages to work out I never have found out how to put Personal Messages on it.

I have told people that know me if I don't respond to something its because I have probably got it wrong.

Maybe we need a how to use feature for those of us who are technically challenged.

I like C&D's post, just assume we are all friends
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 08:20 AM

From my experience on other forums it seems to be a regular 'offering'
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:02 AM

I think a 'friends' group comes into its own when we are a grown up forum and have thousands of members!
Then, there will be the facility to send messages just to 'friends', or just allow'friends' to see picture galleries or blogs or whatever.

Yes - we are all friends now
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:40 AM

I mentioned this the other day, . . I must be fick too coz it's got me confused as well.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 02:01 PM

For those of you wondering, a pm or personal message has nothing to do with your profile page.

If you are on our regular threads and want to pm someone, you click on the name next to that persons avatar and a menu comes down. If you click on the avatar it brings you directly to the persons profile page BUT if you are on a profile page yours or anyone elses, you can click on a persons avatar or name to bring you to that persons profile to answer on their page.

If you want to add someone to your list, just click on where it says 'user cp' and scroll down to contact and friends and go to the very bottom of the page and type in their name.

If you don't care for it, that's fine but when it goes live, I think you may enjoy. I agree it is meant for very large forums and that is what we are on the road to become.

We are all friends here and only answered some of the questions that might be out there.

Also if you get a bold notice on the top of your screen saying you have one or two messages, click on that and it will bring you to where your messages are on the forum . Maybe one is profile page and another to a pm.

The most confusion right now seems to be on how to answer a profile message. If you answer on your page, you are talking to yourself but what you need to do is right there on your page click on the avatar or name of the person you want to answer and that brings you to the person, you would like to reach.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 02:27 PM

I might add, it is a very nice way to welcome a new member.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Yes, I agree we're all friends now, and that it will be more helpful when we get larger. Also, when you click on Who's Online, your friends have a mark beside their name

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top