Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Re: Is writing becoming a lost art?

I haven't written an actual letter in ages. I do send long chatty notes with some Christmas cards, but other than that the only writing I do is my diary, grocery lists, and jottings on the notepad here by the computer. I don't think penmanship is even taught in school any more, and am certain that how to compose a letter isn't.

Anyone still remember how to send a proper formal written reply to a wedding invitation?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I haven't written an actual letter in ages. I do send long chatty notes with some Christmas cards, but other than that the only writing I do is my diary, grocery lists, and jottings on the notepad here by the computer. I don't think penmanship is even taught in school any more, and am certain that how to compose a letter isn't.

Anyone still remember how to send a proper fprmal written reply to a wedding invitation?
RSVP is'nt it.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I assume nobody writes a letter applying for a job these days either
Maybe in France where they often use graphology to assess job applicants! Scarey! - and daft!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:45 PM

I'll tell you one thing the typewriter never turned out a printed letter like the computer does, it's so professional.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->

Anyone still remember how to send a proper formal written reply to a wedding invitation?
I just buy an a card Dandysmom
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:47 PM

I bought one of the first word processors - an Amstrad - and haven`t written by hand since because no-one can read my writing - sometimes not even me!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Here's a poser, . . who has the worst handwriting ? . . . . . . Doctors, they're notorious for it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
RSVP is'nt it.
Lol, that's what you're supposed to do! I mean the stilted formal hand written reply in the third person .... nowadays people would think you were daft if you sent one.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-11-2009, 10:57 PM

I had a calligraphy fountain pen and black India ink years ago when I was into that .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Here's a poser, . . who has the worst handwriting ? . . . . . . Doctors, they're notorious for it.
In second place Vets........working at a Vet. Practice-I have great difficulty reading some of their writing-suppose they're like Doctors though.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top