Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 11:09 AM

Bill Cosby

I would give anything not to believe the latest stories about Bill Cosby, one of the few people whose apparent wisdom and general demeanour I have always admired, not to mention the brilliant Cosby Show which helped me laugh my way out of many of the traumas of child rearing. But while I'm sure some of the accusers are hoping for their 15 minutes of fame, unfortunately the horrible graphic details are beginning to sound pretty convincing, as are the stories of bullying agents suppressing those stories for years. It reminds me of all those over-the-top tv evangelists in the States who are inevitably found in flagrante delicto either with men after they've preached against homosexuality or with women other than their trusting wives. All that public goodness seems to create the need for them to break out in private.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 11:12 AM

Re: Bill Cosby

One has to wonder how many more 'public figures' have hidden secrets...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 11:13 AM

I am confused the more I hear less I believe TBH. It's another case where media are trying someone and that is just wrong. Why are they not going to the police ? why accept money ? all seems odd to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee;564539[B
]I would give anything not to believe the latest stories about Bill Cosby, one of the few people whose apparent wisdom and general demeanour I have always admired, not to mention the brilliant Cosby Show which helped me laugh[/B] my way out of many of the traumas of child rearing. But while I'm sure some of the accusers are hoping for their 15 minutes of fame, unfortunately the horrible graphic details are beginning to sound pretty convincing, as are the stories of bullying agents suppressing those stories for years. It reminds me of all those over-the-top tv evangelists in the States who are inevitably found in flagrante delicto either with men after they've preached against homosexuality or with women other than their trusting wives. All that public goodness seems to create the need for them to break out in private.
Absolutely agree with your post - I too was devastated, he meant so much to me, looked up to him, respected him. He also reminded me so much of my foster dad, same humour with those children around him.
I am extremely sad about it .......
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 01:22 PM

At the moment its just accusations that are yet to be proven, however it was something i found hard to believe about Rolf Harris who`s public persona i liked so it was a shock to find he was guilty as charged.

Never felt the same about Saville, do remember the documentary by Louis Theroux, found him creepy.

Of course its easy to believe people in the public eye are portraying themselves as they are seen and heard, but im different in private to what i am in public, so can i expect any different from them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 01:43 PM

In his shoes and innocent - I would be going crazy and would certainly face these women and the accusations. Its slander.
He has not done this - so I am very sad about it as I feel he has let us down as well as himself.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 03:24 PM

I fear we will never hear the end of revelations like this, just think of all those who haven't been found out yet, or even suspected, people we admired and respected turning out to be monsters doesn't help with trusting anyone in the public eye. Innocent or guilty time will tell, I was never a big fan of his anyway, but I was of Saville and Harris, that was a huge shock to me.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2014, 06:07 PM

I just hope its not true .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I just hope its not true .......
But that would mean some very nasty women out there accusing him, not sure which I would rather believe
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2014, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But that would mean some very nasty women out there accusing him, not sure which I would rather believe
Well I'm grasping at straws, not wanting to believe yet finding it hard not to - I stopped reading the news because of this, I'm back on now - just need a break sometimes .....
EDIT - Saw a lady on the news last night said she was a victim, she was 'very' credible a lot more than Bill, so far .....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top