Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 04:53 PM

Re: One of those 'moments'........

[QUOTE=Meg;11662]

A few weeks ago I was going to town to post a parcel and got halfway there before realising the parcel was still at home on the hall table

Earlier in the Summer I was on the bus half way to the library when I realized the books to be returned were on my hall table.....
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am glad I am not the only one, I get so cross with myself when I forget or lose things (and even tell myself off )

A few weeks ago I was going to town to post a parcel and got halfway there before realising the parcel was still at home on the hall table

I start doing a job, get distracted into doing something else,then remember the original job days later.

I would guess the problem is caused by trying to think about to many things at once. Men seldom have this problem, they are designed to have only one thought at a time
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meg runs away quickly..
I agree with you there Meg!
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Thank goodness it is not just me!

Came in yesterday with a new lightbulb and car keys. Car keys in cupboard, light bulb wouldn't hang up on the key holder - couldn't figure it out at first!!!!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->

Came in yesterday with a new lightbulb and car keys. Car keys in cupboard, light bulb wouldn't hang up on the key holder - couldn't figure it out at first!!!!
Love it!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 08:41 PM

My sister had 'one of those moments tonight. She'd been for tea then I was taking her home in car. All of a sudden she said I've forgot to put my shoes on had to turn round and go back for her shoes. She can join the club too
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->

Don't worry Calismum its not just you-there are a few in this selective club now
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 08:47 PM

Oh merz, I did something similar: was going out to dinner; when my friend came by to pick me up, he said "Are you going to wear those?": I was all dressed up but still had on my pink fuzzy bedroom slippers ... felt like a complete fool!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

27-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh merz, I did something similar: was going out to dinner; when my friend came by to pick me up, he said "Are you going to wear those?": I was all dressed up but still had on my pink fuzzy bedroom slippers ... felt like a complete fool!
You've just reminded me dandysmom of what I did at my Neices wedding. Had bought some new shoes but couldn't drive in them so drove to pick one of my sisters up in my slippers with my new shoes in the well of the car. Just walking into the church-all dressed up to kill-and my sister just said you've still got your slippers on Had to run back to the car put my shoes on and rush back to the church hoping that the bride didn't arrive before me........
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 09:16 PM

OMG now where do i start????
was cleaning up the kitchen (charlie had been cooking lol) wiped down the sides crumbs ect. then promptly threw the crumbs in the washing machine. AND yep the cloth went in the bin. stood there thinking *that wasnt right was it??*
and my MIL is even worse. she bought some vim (remember that ladies) and some slug pellets. and wondered why the slugs where still going for her plants.
just hope she didnt clean her cooker.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

27-09-2009, 09:26 PM

I am sooooo enjoying this thread ...I am not alone!!

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top