Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 10:09 PM

Re: Cashless societyl

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The usual array of misguided perceptions I see in this thread !

Let's deal with contactless stuff.

Anyone with a contactless bank card SHOULD long ago have purchased an RFID Wallet or purse. With your card in such, no criminal can walk behind you and scan your card. RFID wallets have been available for years. If you were unaware of them then you are hugely out-of-date and un-informed.

Moving on.

The "contactless" element of your bank card is nothing more than a tiny RFID chip which could be held on the tip of your finger. If you know where it is in the card, you could cut it out (destroying the rest of the card) and put it in anything else of your choice. A ring, the end of a magicians wand, anything. Then you could wave your "thing" over the card reader when you pay for stuff.

Probably about 1-2 years ago I posted info up on the forum about where all of this is going. They intend to put that RFID chip under your skin in your hand. Implanted. A simple quick local GP/clinic procedure. Once done you will just be able to wave your hand over a card reader to pay for stuff. At the same time you could wave your hand over a security door reader at the office to gain entry. Lot's of applications.

The entire notion of "money" is hugely flawed. People need to step back and think carefully about what they think they actually have, what they think their wealth is, what they think they actually own and are worth.

If those notions are a number representing cash in a computer system then I would council caution. A time will come when the banking systems will collapse or go down or otherwise be removed. When that happens you will find you are worth . . . nothing. That you own nothing.

FIAT currency is always destined to collapse and very especially if it is NOT backed up and underpinned by some actual asset. years ago the US dollar WAS underpinned by ACTUAL silver and gold. The promise on the bank note meant you could walk into the bank and demand the actual gold of the value of the note.

Fraudulent politicians and banksters have long since eradicated this. Now the bank notes are not underpinned with anything. Your bank notes are literally only worth the paper/linen or now plastic that they are printed on. They won't make much of a tasty meal when the collapse comes I'm afraid.

What we need then are REAL assets that are useful and valuable. Your house is of course the most useful and important asset. Be sure to have paid off any mortgage so that you do own your property. Then get your money into other tangible assets that are either useful for future trade or useful for life.

Having some gold and/or silver in small tradable denomination is sensible. Those things will always retain value in the world. Having other properties or equipment would be good. What will be useful when the banking systems collapse and they effectively rob you of all your perceived wealth? That's all your "cash", "savings" and pensions. Without those what do you have?

Don't get me wrong, I too need to address much of this before it is too late. We must understand that "cash" and numbers in bank accounts are simply worthless. Their perceived value exists only in the mind of people and institutions. Once that perception is gone they are just bits of worthless paper and plastic.

I'm hugely out of date and uninformed then because I've never heard of a rfid wallet till you just mentioned it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 11:57 AM

Me neither...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:05 PM

Today I paid my broadband/ internet bill just by using my phone...and it was a hell of a lot easier than it would have been in the past.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:13 PM

A waste of money, are there any stats on RFID scams on debit credit cards?

I googled....nothing ... it sold a lot of wallets though
Despite demonstrations to show it's possible, documented cases of RFID credit card fraud are unknown. And as security professionals know, there is a huge gulf between potential crime and actual crime.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:44 PM

I thank realist for his informed explanation of the realities of the modern financial system we are now operating under,and also confirming my fears about potential misuse of this system by institutions or governments,l have long wondered how money was produced and what gives it it's worth.l also think his advice on investing in tangible assets and not in monetary assets very sound,however, not all people can do this, we all need to think carefully before embracing this development. Donkeyman..
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I thank realist for his informed explanation of the realities of the modern financial system we are now operating under,and also confirming my fears about potential misuse of this system by institutions or governments,l have long wondered how money was produced and what gives it it's worth.l also think his advice on investing in tangible assets and not in monetary assets very sound,however, not all people can do this, we all need to think carefully before embracing this development. Donkeyman..
He sell snake oil too, a reduced price for those that believe
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 02:04 PM

For the worryingly uninformed amongst you:

A wide range of RFID wallets on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...+Denied+wallet

Ladies RFID Purses at Debenhams

30 styles to choose from:

https://www.debenhams.com/search/rfid+purse/women

Go get one, then no worries about anyone scanning your cards
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

11-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
For the worryingly uninformed amongst you:

A wide range of RFID wallets on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...+Denied+wallet

Ladies RFID Purses at Debenhams

30 styles to choose from:

https://www.debenhams.com/search/rfid+purse/women

Go get one, then no worries about anyone scanning your cards
Would you like to provide any stats for the U.K. that there have been any cases of RFID thefts from debit or credit cards?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Would you like to provide any stats for the U.K. that there have been any cases of RFID thefts from debit or credit cards?
You appear to be under the delusion that contactless bank cards exist in order to make life quicker and easier for members of the public. You need to wake up.

How difficult is it to slide a bank card into a reader at the supermarket till and tap in your pin number? Takes literally seconds.

Anyone then who thinks the banks have invested $billions in RFID chip technology simply to allow such customer transactions to take a few seconds less, is, as I said, utterly delusional and naïve.

RFIDs exist for one purpose and one purpose only. To TRACK stuff.

Manufacturers put RFID chips in their devices so they can track them in the factory and as they leave the factory.

For example, did those of you who have Amazon Kindle readers know that just inside the back cover of your device there is an RFID chip sellotaped there? Guessing not.

This means that every time you are walking about with it and walk past an RFID reader, it can log your presence there. Every RFID reader in the world.

Understand that RFID chips can be read from significant distances away ranging from many feet to much further.

You have RFID chips in your devices, your phone, and now your bank cards.

What this is, is nothing more than state surveillance. Big Brother watching you. You ARE ALREADY bagged and tagged in many ways and everywhere you travel you are being clocked. There will be RFID readers all over the place, in shops, banks, airports, ports, shopping centres and so on.

There is likely plenty of cash theft from RFID cards but it IS NOT in the interests of the banksters (and wider Big Brother ruling masters behind them) to admit it and let it hit the headlines because they don't want people worrying about the technology and that their chips can be read from good distances away.

Ultimately, they are wanting to put those chips into our bodies, implanting them beneath our skin between thumb and forefinger

https://www.disclose.tv/human-rfid-c...s-to-be-329240

Once one understands the technology and why it really exists (uber surveillance) then you realise what an RFID wallet is actually doing for you.

It prevents them from tracking, bagging and tagging you.

But only of course if you also remove the RFID chips in all your other devices.

Removing the chip from a Kindle is really easy. Just remove the back and you'll see it taped there.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

11-03-2019, 03:59 PM

RFID chip taped to inside of KINDLE case

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top