Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Squirrel hunt

I took my dog Daisy-Mae to the park today and she discovered squirrels for the first time at the ripe old age of three and three quarters. Wasnt happy about them hiding in the trees but had great fun trying to climb up to them.

pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Re: Squirrel hunt

is your dog a picaneze love them had one when i was small
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 06:14 PM

No, shes a lhasa apso, She a bit tatty today. Playing in leaves isnt good with such a long coat but shes having a good groom tonight and a bath tomorrow because she has a show on Saturday so should look more presentable by then, I hope. If not it doesnt matter, her having fun is more important.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 06:31 PM

What an adorable little dog, her name Daisy-Mae so suits her too!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 07:28 PM

She's very cute.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:02 PM

Aw she's a lovely dog who I imagine is full of mischief. I'll bet her coat takes some brushing

Good luck at the show over the weekend
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Daisy-Mae is very cute -lovely photo-looks like she's having fun....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:39 PM

This is probably a silly question but does her coat stop growing when it reaches ground level of does she have to have the length trimmed regularly?
Bridie
northants

17-11-2011, 11:54 PM

It does have to be trimmed around the bottom but not too often, I dont like doing it as its hard to get level because she ducks down then when she stands straight its all uneven, Im sure she does it on purpose.

Thank you all for your comments, she is a lovely little girl, great fun to take out because she has a great character and is stubborn and feisty and bosses me around. If I walk too fast she will stop dead and make me start again at a pace more suited to her.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-11-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
It does have to be trimmed around the bottom but not too often, I dont like doing it as its hard to get level because she ducks down then when she stands straight its all uneven, Im sure she does it on purpose.

Thank you all for your comments, she is a lovely little girl, great fun to take out because she has a great character and is stubborn and feisty and bosses me around. If I walk too fast she will stop dead and make me start again at a pace more suited to her.
It sounds like she has you well trained too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top