Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 09:13 PM

Old Friends

Have you ever met up with old friends fro you past , who you lost touch withyears ago ? I often feel Id like to meet up with old friends but so far have not met any. I tried a couple of ' Where are You ' sites saying who I was looking for but got no replies
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Re: Old Friends

Have you looked on FB you may find them on there , perhaps theres a school you went to that is on there or an Area /Town you could try that .
Ive found people i know like that
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 10:12 PM

I used 192.com with some success.

Type in the name & location & it will bring up every person with that name in the area. You can whittle the search down a lot by looking at the age group.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 10:29 PM

No, I have never met old friends. I left home at 18, married a Service man at 21 and only made transient friends over the next twenty years. On my divorce I again moved home and have never had contact with anyone from my past.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 10:44 PM

When Mum died (a few years ago) her youngest cousin, who I'd not seen since I was in my teens, attended.
She was nice and we send Xmas cards now.

Old friends ... about 3 years ago I met up with a couple of guys I was at art college with.

I certainly wouldn't want to meet any girls I was at school with (an all girls gramnar school)

I think Friends Reunited closed? but maybe there's a local Facebook group, as has been mentioned.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 10:51 PM

I met up with an old school friend who was very artistic, fun and a bit old fashioned.
I met her in our fourties, she wasn't recognisable as the person I'd known.
Very strange appearance, round glasses white ankle socks, very religious, didn't do art anymore ( her drawings were fabulous at school) and totally obsessed with her young lodger who obviously wasn't interested.
Very odd!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 11:09 PM

I would love to meet up with the young man I was engaged to in my early 20s - tall, dark, handsome and Canadian. Serving in the RAF at the time. His father had been killed in WW2 - mum had married again - his step-dad was vicar at Worcester Cathedral. I would just like to know that he was well and happy.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I would love to meet up with the young man I was engaged to in my early 20s - tall, dark, handsome and Canadian. Serving in the RAF at the time. His father had been killed in WW2 - mum had married again - his step-dad was vicar at Worcester Cathedral. I would just like to know that he was well and happy.
Genes Reunited might be an idea

It's a Faamily History site (as you know) but it could bring up some info for you
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 11:16 PM

I found a friend after being recommended a site for people looking for friends they'd known in the forces.
I hadn't been in the forces, nor had my friend but an ex policeman who was really interested in helping people, traced my friend and we got in touch after 50 years.
I think the site eventually closed but there may be a similar one?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2017, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Dont leave us all hanging Silver Tabby what happened ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top