Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Mincemeat Cake

Mincemeat Cake

I have made my own mincemeat to sell on our market stall, I put all sorts of things in it such as dates, carrot, apple and a goodly amount of rum.

Well after I had filled many jars I had some left and to be honest was rather looking for something other than mince pies I have made about 200 of them this year already.

Suddenly remembered Mincemeat Cake and whipped this little darling up in about ten minutes with an hour and some for cooking. The hour is necessary but the some is if you have a fan assisted oven, cook on gas or just how your stove behaves.

Recipe

8oz S/R flour
5oz butter
5oz brown sugar, I mixed dark brown and demerrara
4 small or 3 large eggs
1 lb jar of good mincemeat with booze init.

Grease an 8ins cake tin. Put everything in a bowl and mix it up. Not the greased cake tin just the ingredients.
Put mixture in the greased cake tin, shove it in the oven and cook it for the exact times given or until a skewer come out clean the skewer can be wooden or a knife blade as long as it comes out clean you are ok.

1 - 1/2 hours at 160c or number 3 gas.

This cake can be made and decorated as a Chrissy cake but we ate ours yesterday. Really nice.
Starlady501
New Member!
Northamptonshire UK
Starlady501 is female 

02-12-2012, 01:05 PM

Re: Mincemeat Cake

Sounds lovely ,

but ........

I only have a kitchen cos it came with the house
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Starlady501 ->
Sounds lovely ,

but ........

I only have a kitchen cos it came with the house
I love your quote but cooking to me has been a comfort, a therapy and because I am greedy a way of getting all the chef's perks

This cake is so easy it is a perfect beginners cake to make you look good. I mean basically it is slamming everything into a bowl and stirring, then wham in it into a cake tin (I use those silicone things which are brilliant, but still need a bit of greasing) cooking testing then cooling a bit then eating. Really simple you could if you wanted to cool it completely then dress it up for Christmas.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2012, 03:37 PM

Thanks for that recipe Cate, I'll definitely be trying that, it sounds yummy!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

02-12-2012, 05:50 PM

As I have just said, this is a very easy cake to make and does a good impression of a cake made especially for Christmas with hardly any work.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
As I have just said, this is a very easy cake to make and does a good impression of a cake made especially for Christmas with hardly any work.

Errrmmm Cate darlin' - where's the Brandy in your recipe???? I too do a variation of this but I lace mine with Brandy too - makes it even more special and the smell when it comes out of the oven is truly delightful
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

03-12-2012, 02:32 PM

Ahhhhh Haaaaa well, UJ my mince meat is laced with dark spiced rum, so I does not add any more incase the cake becomes illegal. Last night we had another slice of this delicacy with Morrisons Brandy Sauce which is the best £1.85 I have spent in a long time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top