Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:53 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There are two stylists and a junior at the moment. The Boss is retiring and one of the present stylists will continue to manage it.
I liked the way the Boss did my hair & she taught Michelle & Michelle taught Susanne, so they all do hair in a similar way. Thy were & are all very good at cutting too. My hair looks good long after the set had gone, or it did. I just wash & dry it.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 09:34 PM

Got appointment next month.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:05 PM

BEWARE!

Check the price before your go. Mrs LD's hairdressers have announced they will open on the 4th July but they say they will be charging more due to the fact that they can only accommodate one customer at a time. Mrs LD is going to tell them to get stuffed. they had already stopped the cheaper Wednesdays.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:06 PM

Still no news from my hairdresser
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
BEWARE!

Check the price before your go. Mrs LD's hairdressers have announced they will open on the 4th July but they say they will be charging more due to the fact that they can only accommodate one customer at a time. Mrs LD is going to tell them to get stuffed. they had already stopped the cheaper Wednesdays.
Will have to pay more because of extra cost to comply with measures they have to put in place, as will dentist and other health/beauty businesses. Price is still reasonable than going into town, some are fully booked until September! Prioritising regular customers only.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:29 PM

BEWARE!

I don't mind how much they charge, just want it done.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2020, 11:36 PM

My lovely friend who does my hair, text me the other day to let me know she is starting back on the 4th, and I am booked in for Mond. 6th. This will be at her house. She is spacing her clients so that only one person will be there at a time.
She has done my hair for donkey's years, and we are good friends too - both animal lovers - so really looking forward to seeing her again.

She is packing up her college work. For years she has been teaching hairdressing to the apprentices at colleges.
Instead, her husband, who was a builder all his life until a couple of years ago, is building her a log cabin in their garden and that will be her salon, so she will be working from home then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Will have to pay more because of extra cost to comply with measures they have to put in place, as will dentist and other health/beauty businesses. Price is still reasonable than going into town, some are fully booked until September! Prioritising regular customers only.
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I don't mind how much they charge, just want it done.
I can see their point but does that mean that everyone can charge more? What about shops who can only allow one or two people in at a time? Should they put their prices up to cover costs? As for dentists, they are beyond my income anyway so I need not worry.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

26-06-2020, 11:11 AM

I can see their point but does that mean that everyone can charge more? What about shops who can only allow one or two people in at a time? Should they put their prices up to cover costs? As for dentists, they are beyond my income anyway so I need not worry.
Daughter & I went to the dentist just before lock down, so we have almost a year before we have to worry about that.
Our dentist is an independent so not as expensive as private. £13 for a check up & check up & filling is £62. I paid the former as did Daughter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Daughter & I went to the dentist just before lock down, so we have almost a year before we have to worry about that.
Our dentist is an independent so not as expensive as private. £13 for a check up & check up & filling is £62. I paid the former as did Daughter.

Hi Tiff, you were lucky.
I read somewhere that many dentists are avoiding fiddling about doing fillings and hygiene work at the moment, and are just whip[ping dodgy teeth out for quickness.

I haven't been for a while because they had to cancel my appointment during lockdown, then they re-made it, and had to cancel it a second time.
So I am waiting for them to contact me again presumably after the backlog of more urgent bookings.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top