Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:52 AM

That's it, I've had enough, I'm off...

Well for the weekend anyway.

ACT has a long weekend for ANZAC Day so my daughter and I are off on a test run for her little car. Its a Suzuki Jimny and she has put in a slightly bigger engine, a drawer in the back, fridge and Lithium aux battery.

I am going to give my camper a bit of a run too, it has only been out once in the last twelve months.

Only going to Cowra for couple of nights. Cowra was the site of the Cowra Breakout during WWII.

After my daughter goes back to Canberra on the Monday (she has to work) I might move further north and make a week of it (depending on the weather).

It is going to be cold inland down to 3'C at night and only getting up to 20' during the day though it warms up a bit as the week goes on.

As I said this is a bit of a shakedown test for her car but it is also a tryout for our trip in May when we are going to Cameron Corner in the Sturt Stony Desert where the border of Queensland, NSW and South Australia meet. There is a lot of dirt road to traverse to get there - it is about 1400km north west of Sydney. Let's hope the state borders remain open.

At least it gets her off her damn motorbike.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 10:56 AM

Re: That's it, I've had enough, I'm off...

Hope you and your daughter have a great weekend break, Bruce...
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 11:55 AM

Enjoy, Bruce.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 12:30 PM

Sounds absolutely spectacular Bruce! I hope the Camper tests well after all your recent upgrades- share some pictures if you can please!
There’s nothing better than the great outdoors. Heals the soul
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 09:16 PM

Hey, that's fantastic! Even better that this adventure includes your daughter. Take pics and have a great time!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 05:29 PM

Hope you had a great time
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Have a great time Bruce.See you on the flipside.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 07:08 PM

Have a good time Bruce
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:42 PM

Have a good trip Bruce and if you go near Goondiwindi keep an eye out for a historic plaque saying "Michael/Ciderman was here 1961"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 04:48 AM

That weekend has been and gone it was just a practice run that my daughter insisted on. However next weekend we set off in the freezing cold for the top left corner of NSW basically we are just doing a big lap of the state.

We have a few things that my daughter wants to see as she hasn't been that far west herself:

Broken Hill
Camerons Corner
Menindee Lakes
White Cliffs

Personally I have never been to Camerons Corner or Menindee Lakes so am looking forward to that, the latter has water in it after the fish kill (drought) and the last season rains. Our trip is restricted to three weeks as that is all the leave she has for this trip (left over from her cancelled ski trip to Japan). I think we will cover about 3000km plus side trips.

Our visit to Camerons Corner depends on the weather, if it rains then the roads will be closed (200kms of dirt) because they don't like people tearing up the roads when they are wet. However it is in a desert so lets hope it stays dry. I will be carrying 60 litres of water and 30 litres of fuel just in case.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top