Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 11:39 PM

How Much Would You Spend On An Eyeshadow?

I have a powder eyeshadow my sister bought for me in Spain where she lives. It’s an obscure make and the shade is Sienna.
I wanted to replace it but like most things l like, it is now discontinued!

So today, l took the eyeshadow to Boots and looked at every brand eyeshadow to compare but not one was similar. The ones that might have been close, were a tiny bit in a palette. The other shadows in it, l would never use.

I asked an assistant and she took me to the Lancôme counter. The beautician showed me a single one that was similar. I asked the price and it was £22.50! How much? I knew it would be expensive but that was ridiculous for a tiny pot!

So now l am back to the drawing board. I do have a No7 eyeshadow but it’s too light and it seems to be the darkest they do.

So l ask, am l mean not paying £22.50 for a single eyeshadow?
Would you pay that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 11:43 PM

Re: How Much Would You Spend On An Eyeshadow?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have a powder eyeshadow my sister bought for me in Spain where she lives. It’s an obscure make and the shade is Sienna.
I wanted to replace it but like most things l like, it is now discontinued!

So today, l took the eyeshadow to Boots and looked at every brand eyeshadow to compare but not one was similar. The ones that might have been close, were a tiny bit in a palette. The other shadows in it, l would never use.

I asked an assistant and she took me to the Lancôme counter. The beautician showed me a single one that was similar. I asked the price and it was £22.50! How much? I knew it would be expensive but that was ridiculous for a tiny pot!

So now l am back to the drawing board. I do have a No7 eyeshadow but it’s too light and it seems to be the darkest they do.

So l ask, am l mean not paying £22.50 for a single eyeshadow?
Would you pay that?

No I certainly would not!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:38 AM

I wouldn’t pay that amount, reason being, I don’t wear eye shadow at my age, I think it looks awful all up the eyelid.on older woman, even on the young girls I don’t like it.

I used to wear it when very young, everyone told me I looked like a clown, did I listen ,did i heck.......I now see they were right....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:42 AM

Me neither, good grief....thats extortionate! I have heard of tattoo make up, that would be worth thinking about maybe? I don't know how they apply it, but its permanent.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 08:44 AM

Just reading this made me think about mixing your own powders to get the right shade and found this:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/150237337543948737/

and

https://www.yourbeautyblog.com/2013/...w-recipes.html

worth a thought?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 11:31 AM

How Much Would You Spend On An Eyeshadow?

Not a brass razoo!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:24 PM

The only cosmetics I would consider using come from the 'Beauty without Cruelty' range as neither the finished product nor any of the ingredients have been tested on animals.

They do not sell at rip off prices either - eye shadow currently retails at £6.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No I certainly would not!
You’ve got sense!
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

05-06-2021, 01:44 PM

Nope, not when they're often included in beauty boxes, etc.
Have you tried looking through supermarket type brands such as bourjois, etc? Might be worth a look in Superdrug.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I wouldn’t pay that amount, reason being, I don’t wear eye shadow at my age, I think it looks awful all up the eyelid.on older woman, even on the young girls I don’t like it.

I used to wear it when very young, everyone told me I looked like a clown, did I listen ,did i heck.......I now see they were right....
Pauline, Yet Joanna Lumley looks great and she loads it on! Twiggy and Lulu look good with it on too.
Britt Ekland wears it and she looks great ... except she is regretting having her lips enhanced.

It’s how you apply it that matters not your age. We live in a different time now where age doesn’t come into it.....unless you allow it.

YOLO...l say!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top