Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:52 PM

Re: Burgers : Chicken or Beef ?

Originally Posted by Rockchick ->
I don’t use any of the big chain burger places. I use Tesco SF or Spicy coated chicken breast fillets to make my own tower burgers. A lot more healthy and tasty. It’s not offen I have beef burgers even though I like them.
Nice
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:07 PM

Last home made burger I had was when I in my teens. Always has to be beef. In my adult years I have never been fussed where I purchase my burgers, Burger King, McDonalds, cafe's, takeaways, store bought (tescos, asda...). When it comes to burgers (beef), I am easy to please
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:18 PM

Hi

You can eat rare steak but not rare burgers, of whatever variety.

The logic is simple.

On a steak or a chop, the bacteria are on the surface and are killed by searing.

Not a problem having them rare.

If you mince the meat, as in a burger, the bacteria are evenly distributed and are not killed by searing the outside.

You have to sear everything, so no rare burgers.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top