Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:00 PM

Re: Trapped nerve in my back.

Sorry to hear that LF. Just one more day to go mate (hopefully).
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:48 AM

Longfellow , I can sympathise with you. I know exactly what you are going through. I had a knee replacement in September which went very well, despite the fact that I am unable to take any painkillers stronger than paracetamol. It appears that theidural injection they gave me for the op has hit a nerve in the base of my spine, and since then the pain has been excruciating. I had an MRI last weekend but I understand it will be many weeks until I get the result. I am really incapacitated and can barely hobble around my bungalow. I too have tried heat pads,ice pads and a TENS machine all tono avail.

I have cancelled my Christmas visit to my daughteras I cannot face the car journey.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry to hear that LF. Just one more day to go mate (hopefully).
Hi LD,
I cancelled this morning after yet another sleepless night.
Spent a few hours in A&E again before walking out last night and ordering a cab to bring me home. They were swamped with queues for admission outside the main entrance.Bit of a madhouse never seen anything like it before in my life at a hospital.

Saw my gp this morning early and she as given me a nother drug to take on top of the naproxen/co codamol and sleeping tablet. I have just woke from 3 hours of pure sleep.
(bliss)
I cancelled because I thought I maybe doing a wrong un having someone digging into my back/neck and shoulder when it is obviously a trapped/pinched nerve.
Gonna give the drugs a chance and hopefully the physiotherapist will get hold of me before next summer.

Thanks I am still actually floating here so I hope my spelling is ok thank god for smell check.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Hi LD,
I cancelled this morning after yet another sleepless night.
Spent a few hours in A&E again before walking out last night and ordering a cab to bring me home. They were swamped with queues for admission outside the main entrance.Bit of a madhouse never seen anything like it before in my life at a hospital.

Saw my gp this morning early and she as given me a nother drug to take on top of the naproxen/co codamol and sleeping tablet. I have just woke from 3 hours of pure sleep.
(bliss)
I cancelled because I thought I maybe doing a wrong un having someone digging into my back/neck and shoulder when it is obviously a trapped/pinched nerve.
Gonna give the drugs a chance and hopefully the physiotherapist will get hold of me before next summer.

Thanks I am still actually floating here so I hope my spelling is ok thank god for smell check.
Well I'm glad you got a bit of kip Longfellow and there's nothing wrong with floating for a while. Let's hope it does the trick.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Longfellow , I can sympathise with you. I know exactly what you are going through. I had a knee replacement in September which went very well, despite the fact that I am unable to take any painkillers stronger than paracetamol. It appears that theidural injection they gave me for the op has hit a nerve in the base of my spine, and since then the pain has been excruciating. I had an MRI last weekend but I understand it will be many weeks until I get the result. I am really incapacitated and can barely hobble around my bungalow. I too have tried heat pads,ice pads and a TENS machine all tono avail.

I have cancelled my Christmas visit to my daughteras I cannot face the car journey.
Cee Cee truly my heart goes out to you.
Your pain must be so much stronger than mine with you having a replacement as well as the nerve damage itself.

Me I only have a trapped nerve and I am hoping for more relief as the days go on.

At present the words that are going through my head are the Bowie song lyrics "Check your floating pills and put your helmet on".

My GP has given me yet another drug called Gabapentin Zentiva and alongside the Naproxen and the Co Codamol it does actually seem to be dulling the pain. I have just grabbed 3 hours sleep this afternoon so thats gotta be a good thing.

But I am on one a day for 3 days and then 2 a day for the 3 days and then 3 a day. To be honest with you if this is what one does then I cannot wait for the 3 a day to come round.I reckon I will be able to give those angels a good laugh once I start floating that high up.

The only problem my GP said is that because I have severe emphysema she will have to watch me closely because it may effect my breathing hence why I am now on 02 again just in case.

But please take care of yourself I am sorry to read that you have cancelled your Christmas visit to your daughters hopefully she will find a way to visit you and at least then you will have company and it will take your mind off your pain for a while.
Fingers crossed for a pain free 2019.
LF.
longfellow
Chatterbox

06-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I'm glad you got a bit of kip Longfellow and there's nothing wrong with floating for a while. Let's hope it does the trick.
Yes "Bring back Distalgesic" thats what I say..
I used to take them by the handful and just float through the days LD.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:03 PM

Longfellow, I have COPD and am on an inhaler, so have to be careful which meds I take. I could not even take the morphine following my surgery. I have a review appointment with a GP next week, so I will push him/her (?) to prescribe something. I too could do with a decent night’s sleep instead of the occasional hour before the pain wakes me.

Life’s a bitch sometimes isn’t it?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:50 PM

So sorry for others on this thread going through unimaginable pain. My cancer isn't sore as such - but it can cause pain - but I've experienced severe pain for protracted periods before and it's horrible.
longfellow
Chatterbox

06-12-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
So sorry for others on this thread going through unimaginable pain. My cancer isn't sore as such - but it can cause pain - but I've experienced severe pain for protracted periods before and it's horrible.
Ffosse I can't personally say I know the pain you have been through,but I have watched 3 very close relatives pass through cancer this past 2 years, and to me they were the bravest people I have ever known in my life.
I will miss them .

I was there most days by their hospital beds and at their homes when all was lost and each passed with all family and friends close by.

It was heartbreaking to watch and even this fella that does not cry shed a few tears in public for them.

Hopefully you will beat your illness and live a long happy life.

Respect.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Thanks, longfellow, somehow I muddle through with a few nasty detours.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top