Join for free
Reply
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
ZsaZsa's Avatar
ZsaZsa
Senior Member
ZsaZsa is offline
Miskolc Hungary
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 557
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-12-2018, 08:32 AM
61

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

You will pay Tax here in the UK on your Pension.

You will then pay Tax on the Nett amount in the Country you are living in.

It is Double Taxation, a huge reduction in your living Standards.

You will also have to pay Full Medical Costs, the NHS will be paying Naff All.

You need to stop living in Fantasy Land.

After Brexit you will have no right to move to any EU Country at all.
Rubbish!

You only pay tax on the income you've earned in the country you've moved to but not on any income earned in the country you've left. That includes your pension. I know this to be true from living and working in South Africa.

Whilst it's true you'll have to take out private health insurance instead of being covered by the NHS, the only difference will be that the Insurance company will pick up and pay the bill instead of the NHS.

Asfor having NO RIGHT to move to any other EU country, well that's just a figment of your imagination!

Try reading this!

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/publ...l-agreement_en

And this from the British Ambassador in Hungary

https://www.xpatloop.com/channels/20...n-hungary.html
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,440
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-12-2018, 09:30 AM
62

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
Rubbish!

You only pay tax on the income you've earned in the country you've moved to but not on any income earned in the country you've left. That includes your pension. I know this to be true from living and working in South Africa.

Whilst it's true you'll have to take out private health insurance instead of being covered by the NHS, the only difference will be that the Insurance company will pick up and pay the bill instead of the NHS.

Asfor having NO RIGHT to move to any other EU country, well that's just a figment of your imagination!

Try reading this!

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/publ...l-agreement_en

And this from the British Ambassador in Hungary

https://www.xpatloop.com/channels/20...n-hungary.html
Hi

A No Deal means all existing Taxation Agreements cease.

The agreements which where to be carried forward as part of the Withdrawal Agreement.

If that agreement is voted down in the UK Parliament any promises made to date fail.

Hungary may well decide to come to a Dual Taxation Agreement, it may not.

At the moment, UK Pensioners living in the EU get Annual Pension Increases, in some other Countries they get do not get their Annual Increase.

After Brexit, the UK Government will have to decide if this continues to be the case.

The UK is ending Free Movement, introducing Residency Qualifications, the EU will do the same, retiring to the EU is no longer a given.

The fall in the value of the is already having an impact, some are having to return to the UK.
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,750
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-12-2018, 10:43 AM
63

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
Rubbish!

You only pay tax on the income you've earned in the country you've moved to but not on any income earned in the country you've left. That includes your pension. I know this to be true from living and working in South Africa.
That's not true, I mean, it might be true in South Africa but it is not true elsewhere.

Foreign income has to be declared in Australia whether you are a wage earner or a pensioner. I don't know what the tax rates for foreign income are but I understand that foreign tax is taken into account and is added to your income however some people like defence force personnel are exempt from tax on overseas earnings but must still declare the income (I know that because my son came back from the Gulf war with money to burn).

As a pensioner every dollar of UK pension also reduces your Australian pension by 50c. It also counts toward your taxable income as does your Australian pension (however most pensioners never reach the threshold to pay tax - which I believe is about $30000).

The ironic thing is that my superannuation is tax free and doesn't count toward income but it does count as an asset which does affect pension entitlements.
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,750
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-12-2018, 10:56 AM
64

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

The fall in the value of the is already having an impact, some are having to return to the UK.
I think I have mentioned before a UK pensioner I knew vaguely who had to return to the UK when our dollar rose a few years back - it eventually reached 70p ($1.10US) but he was badly affected long before that.

He said that it was a struggle living in Australia on an English pension when things were normal (ie $1Aus= 50p) but as the pound fell it became impossible. (I don't know what the English pension is but our single pension is about $920 a fortnight or about 230 a week - couples get slightly less than twice as much - there are some extras such as rent allowance for people who don't own a home, I think)

If the pound does fall dramatically in March then you can expect this sort of thing to be repeated.
Reply With Quote
ZsaZsa's Avatar
ZsaZsa
Senior Member
ZsaZsa is offline
Miskolc Hungary
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 557
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-12-2018, 01:19 PM
65

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's not true, I mean, it might be true in South Africa but it is not true elsewhere.

Foreign income has to be declared in Australia whether you are a wage earner or a pensioner. I don't know what the tax rates for foreign income are but I understand that foreign tax is taken into account and is added to your income however some people like defence force personnel are exempt from tax on overseas earnings but must still declare the income (I know that because my son came back from the Gulf war with money to burn).

As a pensioner every dollar of UK pension also reduces your Australian pension by 50c. It also counts toward your taxable income as does your Australian pension (however most pensioners never reach the threshold to pay tax - which I believe is about $30000).

The ironic thing is that my superannuation is tax free and doesn't count toward income but it does count as an asset which does affect pension entitlements.
I paid tax on the income I earned in South Africa, but was only liable for tax if the interest on any income brought into SA from the UK was over a certain amount.

This should give more clarification ....

https://assets.publishing.service.go...April_2018.pdf
Reply With Quote
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,750
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
09-12-2018, 01:50 AM
66

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I paid tax on the income I earned in South Africa, but was only liable for tax if the interest on any income brought into SA from the UK was over a certain amount.

This should give more clarification ....

https://assets.publishing.service.go...April_2018.pdf
I don't need clarification, I don't care what they do in South Africa - I merely point out that because something happens in one country it cannot be used to say that it is the same everywhere.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.