Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Re: anyone for rugby?

Originally Posted by Deborah2307 ->
I started supporting the Scots when I heard on the radio they were using the film @The mighty ducks' as inspiration, love that film. Maybe time to face the fact we call ourselves the united Kingdom maybe thats the team we need to enter?
we have a UK team called The British and Irish Lions and they're not all that clever either
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 01:20 PM

WE WUZ ROBBED!!....pure and simple,and that ref' needed a good kick up the arse :~(
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Me heart bleeds for yeh May, it truly does.

Rugby as a game was never popular here with the majority, it was seen as a game for Doctors and lawyers, never played in the ordinary schools, it was usually gaelic football, hurling, or soccer, Rugby was for the posh schools, although Richard Harris’s county Limerick is big on the Rugby.
I once was given a brand new book on the rules of the game by a Spanish chap I worked with, it was fairly thick and it was in English so of no use to him, no use to me either but he thought I might give it to someone who was interested, the pub was packed on the Sunday morning I took the book up and I went around them all offering the free book, not one taker did I get, I ended up giving it to the barman to see could he get shut of it, he still had it the following Sunday, talk about the bad penny.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 02:51 PM

all's fair in love and world rugby - too many referees in this room!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’m not a sports fan and I didn’t watch any of the matches, but I hear there is discontent in the Scottish camp, something to do with the Ref’s giving a last minute penalty to Australia. As I said I know little about the game, that’s sports for you, always a case of sour grapes for one side and sweet apples for the other.
We got no excuses, we were well and truly hammered, there’s a stunned silence from the sports fans in the family, I like that, far better than the usual post mortems that go on for days.
Sorry Jem but I am with the sports fans of your family. I missed Ireland's last match but they played very well in all the other games and I quite fancied them to go through. I am sure the injuries to key players was the problem. I am an England supporter but I was proud of all our home nations and the way they played!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sorry Jem but I am with the sports fans of your family. I missed Ireland's last match but they played very well in all the other games and I quite fancied them to go through. I am sure the injuries to key players was the problem. I am an England supporter but I was proud of all our home nations and the way they played!
I understand Twink. I’m convinced moaning about losing is all part of the enjoyment of the game.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I understand Twink. I’m convinced moaning about losing is all part of the enjoyment of the game.
You may be right, but not as enjoyable as the long cold drink when we celebrate a win
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 09:26 PM

well what an amazing match between OZ and Argie Bargie and we gave them a thrashing. I had my doubts that our team had sorted themselves out with with previously injured good players coming back they played amazingly well and those fast runs for touch down were unbelievable.

so now is the ultimate challenge the wallabies an the all blacks and i ain't puttin no money on no side!!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 06:59 AM

"Thrashing" the Kiwis will be more of a challenge than the sides they have played to date.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top