Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:20 PM

Re: Dunelm - disappointed and concerned

I must admit I've never used this company but they sell some beautiful things. The curtains are to die for. We need the blind up this weekend so plan to go back tomorrow morning to exchange.

I mention Brexit because if we are to be more reliant on buying British the quality could slip back to the way it was before more international competition and customer services came along. British brands are known for high quality, but maybe they are struggling to keep costs down with the falling pound and it's leading to lax quality control.

We ordered some cotswold furniture recently and also had to send things back twice because of poor quality control. They are a brilliant company and the furniture is amazing, they dealt with the returns really efficiently and I was very happy in the end, but it does make for hard work to get what you expected in the first place.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:21 PM

Ey? What happened last time?

You bin up to no good again?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ey? What happened last time?

You bin up to no good again?
Naturally. I have a reputation to live up to you know
I don't need any encouraging!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I must admit I've never used this company but they sell some beautiful things. The curtains are to die for. We need the blind up this weekend so plan to go back tomorrow morning to exchange.

I mention Brexit because if we are to be more reliant on buying British the quality could slip back to the way it was before more international competition and customer services came along. British brands are known for high quality, but maybe they are struggling to keep costs down with the falling pound and it's leading to lax quality control.

We ordered some cotswold furniture recently and also had to send things back twice because of poor quality control. They are a brilliant company and the furniture is amazing, they dealt with the returns really efficiently and I was very happy in the end, but it does make for hard work to get what you expected in the first place.

Yes, quite agree Annie. I expect to shop without all that hassle too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Until me, Made in the UK ... after some disgruntled googling found out I hadn't switched it on.
Good news is I'm now blowing perfect vapour rings.
Lol that sounds just like something I would do and have done. Thank goodness for google
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 09:56 AM

Grim and grey shop! Very unimpressed with their customer service and poor staff training - box shifters with no product knowledge or sales training.

Glance around the shop and you see a sea of mundane design. Wish they would recruit a few European product managers, then some Italian, French and German designs may appear.

Redeeming feature is the coffee ain't too bad, but service at snail's pace. Amen!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 11:34 AM

I've been a dunelm customer for years never had a bad purchase and the staff have all been lovely, Surrey, Kent and Sussex stores. My husband always laughs when I get a chance to go to one I get a bit excited what will I find this time
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-05-2017, 11:49 AM

I like the shop too Julie.

It seems it depends on which branch people use though. Perhaps some need a staff or management shake up, and others don't.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top