Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 09:49 PM

To the Ladies - Hair Dye

I've been using the same brand of hair dye for more years than I care to remember. Nice and Easy. I have always gone for the paler blonde colours and never had a problem in all those years. Tonight I put on the same hair dye and immediately my scalp felt like it was on fire. It was really burning into my scalp which told me for some reason I was having a reaction to it so I removed it immediately. I didn't do a strand test as I didn't feel the need with having used it for many years but I have learned my lesson, I will do in future.

I have no idea why I would have a reaction after all these years.

Have any of you had a reaction to hair dye?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:02 PM

Re: To the Ladies - Hair Dye

Sounds like they may have changed the formula LQ - are you all right now?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:09 PM

You can develop an allergy to them even after years of using them

I remember a few years back there was a lot written in the magazines and papers about women getting burned after years of use and they were saying back then, strand test every time

I stopped using dye for those reason
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:33 PM

LQ, It could be the heat making the hydrogen peroxide develop quicker?

Write or ring Clairol who makes ‘Nice and Easy and tell them what happened. The phone number will be on the clourant box.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, It could be the heat making the hydrogen peroxide develop quicker?

Write or ring Clairol who makes ‘Nice and Easy and tell them what happened. The phone number will be on the clourant box.

I thought the same as Art.
Give them a ring tomorrow LQ. You could ask if they've changed the formula while you're on, too.

Don't suppose any meds you may be on could attribute, could they?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:48 PM

My dad told me to ring them too , I will tomorrow. I was horrified, it was very scary. It's weird, I only had that solution on a matter of minutes before washing it off yet my hair is much lighter. I dread to think what would have happened had I left it on longer. I.m fine ST and all just shocked. Xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought the same as Art.
Give them a ring tomorrow LQ. You could ask if they've changed the formula while you're on, too.

Don't suppose any meds you may be on could attribute, could they?
I.m not on any different meds mups, it's a mystery xx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 08:04 PM

LQ Hi

Nice and easy changed the formula of their permanent and demi hair colourants a while ago. I'm guessing if it was a blonde shade you were using it would have been a permanent colour containing peroxide some more info here :

https://www.makeupalley.com/product/...rol/Hair-Color

Hope that helps
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 02:20 PM

I have no idea why people dye their hair, it can't do it any good. I don't think the crazy colours some people use enhances their appearance one little bit.

The only time I dyed my hair was with a purple wash in wash out dye in 2005. I had a bet with our daughters that their father wouldn't notice if I dyed my hair purple. He came in from work, and about an hour later he looked at me and said, "There is something different about you, but I can't work out what!" I reckoned I had won the bet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 05:48 PM

What was the outcome of this LQ?
Did you ever ring them?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top