Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 11:12 PM

Re: England v Croatia

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Let me guess. It will be on BBC1 and ITV at the same time.

Didn't they do that just the other day?
Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
No. No they didn't. Although it did look that way for a while.
So how were the two broadcasts different?

A genuine question because, although I saw the same game listed on each channel, I didn't watch it of course.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:33 AM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;1459945]I think it was 'Stamina' that we ran out of and Croatia seemed to get better as the game went on. A bit like 'Duracell' batteries. There is no doubting England's ability and skill, for the first half they played exciting football and should have been at least three goals up....

But whether it was because they started playing the defensive game, or began to get overwhelmed by Croatia's stamina (something that gets better with age) they weren't producing as many chances as in the first half, and by the end of the second half Croatia were looking very dangerous when in possession and steaming down to the English goal....

In summary though; They were the best team we've sent to the world cup for years and did an outstanding job. They should be proud, as should all the England fans. As Twink says, give them a little more time to build confidence and experience and there is no team in the world they could not beat..... My outstanding players were:- Pickford (he's from Yorkshire) for his death defying defence of the English goal, and Sterling for his amazing runs down the wing, absolutely nobody could out run him, and Maguire, for his prowess in the air....[/QUOTE

We were beaten by the better side who dominated the midfield........The place football matches are most often won or lost.

In Modric , Croatia have a true World Class play maker.

Our next challenge is to develop a couple of World class midfielders ourselves. Alli and Linguard are miles away from that accolade.

That said, it was a game that we could have won had Harry Kane been a little bit sharper.

I thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup.
It has been brilliant.
England have been brilliant.
Southgate has been brilliant.

No regrets, plenty to be positive about and already excited about the Euro Championship in 2 years.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So how were the two broadcasts different?

A genuine question because, although I saw the same game listed on each channel, I didn't watch it of course.

Best take it up with the BBC.

But they didn't show it live at the same time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Best take it up with the BBC.

But they didn't show it live at the same time.
But it was shown by both BBC and ITV. Did ITV have first pick and BBC tried to steal it from them?

Also, it was listed at exactly the same time on each channel.

Have I missed something?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top