Join for free
Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 05:34 PM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes it's strange why they do that, Mups But I'd rather have that than some people's opinions who go overboard with their answers all derived from internet sources instead of their own experience on a given subject.
Try what I have done Floydy, the ignore button means that you can participate in threads about health and well being, without having to listen to the conspiracy theories.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Try what I have done Floydy, the ignore button means that you can participate in threads about health and well being, without having to listen to the conspiracy theories.
I suppose it proves in this particular case that ‘Care in the Community’ is not working.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:00 PM

And where do we get the sunshine from in the middle of this gloriously battering winter of heavy rain and gloom anyway? I know, let's jet off to the Caribbean for two afternoons per week. Simple.
Sunshine isn't the sole source of Vitamin D so there's no need to have sunshine during the winter.

One can simply eat Vitamin D rich foods like salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring and sardines, as well as red meat and eggs and orange juice, soy milk, cereals, beef liver and cheese.

Really doesn't seem that complicated to me TBH
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sunshine isn't the sole source of Vitamin D so there's no need to have sunshine during the winter.

One can simply eat Vitamin D rich foods like salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring and sardines, as well as red meat and eggs and orange juice, soy milk, cereals, beef liver and cheese.

I dont think Big Pharma and the establishment (your bogeymen) are going to like you sharing that information. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the men in black will be knocking on your door in the early hours. You will be whisked away to their secret re-education camp near Davos.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I dont think Big Pharma and the establishment (your bogeymen) are going to like you sharing that information. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that the men in black will be knocking on your door in the early hours. You will be whisked away to their secret re-education camp near Davos.
Or alternatively they might just settle for a huge Campaign Of Fear and convince people that the Sun is a very nasty piece of work that will give you skin cancer so you mustn't even step out of your front door unless you have 3 inches of chemical laden sun cream slapped all over you !
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

28-11-2018, 06:38 PM

Campaign of Fear? I though that was your raison d'etre
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 06:46 PM

There's a useful table at the website below highlighting Vit D values for various foods.

https://www.askdoctork.com/is-it-bet...l-201303164512

"The current recommendation for vitamin D is 600 international units (IU) per day for people up to age 70, and 800 IU per day for those over age 70"

Food, Vit D content (IU's)
===================

Salmon, cooked, 3-1/2 ounces: 360

Mackerel, cooked, 3-1/2 ounces: 345

Tuna fish, canned in oil, drained, 3 ounces: 200

Sardines, canned in oil, drained, 1-3/4 ounces: 250

Orange juice, fortified, 8 ounces: 100

Milk, any fat content, vitamin D–fortified, 1 cup: 98

Breakfast cereal, fortified with 10% of the DV, 3/4-cup to 1-cup: 40–100
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Obviously. Why do you feel the need to tell us things we already know all the time? perhaps you think you're the only one who knows anything about life.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Another of those great "keep everyone sick" scams related to this.

Sunshine is absolutely vital to us. We are creatures of Nature and we would have no life at all were it not for our Sun. The sun IS life, without it we would wither and die.

The sun provides us with lots of Vitamin D and creates Melanin.

The "establishment" and largely fraudulent Big Pharma health industry would have you stay out of the sun. They WANT YOU SICK ! How do they get you to stop doing THE most natural thing that any human can do (get in the sunshine)? By doing what they ALWAYS do, perpetrate a huge Campaign of Fear.

Oh yes me old fruits, don't go in the sunshine, you'll get cancer !!!!

Instead slap nasty sun creams all over your skin. Block up those pores which lovely chemicals so you don't get the benefit of the sun's energy ! Or just stay in the shade!!!!

Utter Billy BS!

The sun's rays are life. We all need them whether we realise it or not. If you want to be healthy then spend time in the sun. No stupid creams. Just a few minutes in the sun. When it feels too hot, too uncomfortable, move out and get in the shade. Your body will tell you when it has had enough.

But boy does the body appreciate that energy ! Lot's of natural Vitamin D and other goodness and you feel recharged and healthy. Your finger and toe nails and hair will grow faster which shows you it is having an effect.

I just despair at people thinking they will get this goodness from Vitamn D supplements. Be natural. Stop taking pills and potions and be healthy.
.....And I refer to your original quote. Most of it is saying we need sunshine for our vitamin D source, does it not?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-11-2018, 07:12 PM

Obviously. Why do you feel the need to tell us things we already know all the time?
The fact that you know something doesn't mean everyone knows. The forum isn't here for your personal edification. There are lots of members and guest readers.

The info is useful and it doesn't hurt at all to post it up. For some it will save them having to go off and Google.

I presume you are having trouble finding the "ignore" button that you previously said you were going to use. Admin can doubtless help you out with that.

Page 7 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top