Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Measles

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good grief - they are not still peddling that trash - are they?

If vaccines must be given they should be given separately - with a decent interval in between. Have they learned nothing.
There is nothing wrong with the MMR vaccine, misinformation about it has meant many children weren't given it and some have died in consequence.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
We all used to get Measles as kids. It's a good thing. It will build very strong antibodies in her for later life.
No it's not a good thing .
Many children were left blind or with other life shortening conditions .
Measles is a very serious illness because of its after effects.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Oh poor Grace, keep us posted Julie. I hope it is not too bad. x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:23 PM

Well it's not measles and I'm mad as hell here, I'm going to the school tomorrow and this is stopping right here.

The kids mainly the boys are insisting the girls have tattoos, now bad enough if they were professionally done but these young monsters are using a needle and ink out of a pen ! What's happened to Grace and she's in trouble here, all privileges taken away and she won't be going out for at least a week, no fireworks party at all, she has reacted to the ink and has urticaria all over her body. The GP has prescribed gel and tablets and tomorrow if it hasn't gone down we have to go to the hospital with her for further treatment.

Honestly for a clever child she has her moments of pure stupidity and this is one of those I think.

I've rung various parents and I think some youngsters are having quite a telling off this evening.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well it's not measles and I'm mad as hell here, I'm going to the school tomorrow and this is stopping right here.

The kids mainly the boys are insisting the girls have tattoos, now bad enough if they were professionally done but these young monsters are using a needle and ink out of a pen ! What's happened to Grace and she's in trouble here, all privileges taken away and she won't be going out for at least a week, no fireworks party at all, she has reacted to the ink and has urticaria all over her body. The GP has prescribed gel and tablets and tomorrow if it hasn't gone down we have to go to the hospital with her for further treatment.

Honestly for a clever child she has her moments of pure stupidity and this is one of those I think.

I've rung various parents and I think some youngsters are having quite a telling off this evening.

I am glad it is not measles Julie
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No it's not a good thing .
Many children were left blind or with other life shortening conditions .
Measles is a very serious illness because of its after effects.
No you are right Muddy , it is not a good thing. My stepson was very ill with measles when he was a little boy and had to be admitted to hospital. He was in a coma for days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 10:15 PM

There are measles outbreaks every so often because children aren't vaccinated. It's very dangerous in pregnancy as it can cause a stillbirth.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Glad you got to the bottom of it and hope that Grace feels better soon. I hope you won't be too hard on her, we have all done stupid things as teens and she has already suffered so much with the illness.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Glad you got to the bottom of it and hope that Grace feels better soon. I hope you won't be too hard on her, we have all done stupid things as teens and she has already suffered so much with the illness.
True but it won't hurt her to know I disapprove tonight Steven is all sympathy she's never in trouble with him lno matter what she does. Gotta love them both they hang up on me something fierce.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Btw she missed the MMR due to her consultant not wanting her to have it. She had separate jabs before she started school

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top