Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 05:09 AM

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

I haven't seen it yet as I don't have time to go to the cinema, otherwise I'd like to. As a biopic of this great band, I've heard it's very good.

I like Queen and as the film concerns their earlier years I would enjoy it. They were a proper rock band in the early 70's. The trouble I have with the band is that they are too over-played these days, overrated in fact when other bands don't get a look in. Bohemian Rhapsody itself now bores the pants off me, classic as it is a single. It's only voted the "Greatest song of all-time" in all these polls by casual music listeners who only know about hits. Nobody of more discerning taste would give it the time of day.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 10:11 AM

I never rated Queen.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 01:10 AM

I watched the movie last night I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I was never a Queen fan but the movie was wonderful.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I haven't seen it yet I thought about going to see it earlier today....or yesterday as it now is but I never got there....maybe tomorrow....oops I mean later today
Hi summer, you.ll be glad you did, be prepared to wave your arms about in your seat like my friend and I did, lol
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Had to wait a few weeks to watch this one.
My boy is one of the managers of the Showcase in Beckton East London got a text last night saying the tickets are at the front reception so 12.30 today I get to see it.

Can't wait more than likely I will have the full screen to myself and just a few others.

Just how I like it no one coughing and spluttering next to me.
What did you think LF?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi summer, you.ll be glad you did, be prepared to wave your arms about in your seat like my friend and I did, lol
Still haven't seen it LQ .....Will do at some point...might order it today and watch it at home with pals after the rugby
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Still haven't seen it LQ .....Will do at some point...might order it today and watch it at home with pals after the rugby
Not the same as seeing it on the big screen with great sound although still enjoyable. Xc
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Great film. Thoroughly enjoyable, but i don't remember Freddie being quite that toothy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Great film. Thoroughly enjoyable, but i don't remember Freddie being quite that toothy.
I thought that too.
Although here is a pic when he was younger.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

10-02-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I thought that too.
Although here is a pic when he was younger.
awww, I feel right teary, I do wish Freddie was still with us, I loved him and his music, no one could ever come close to him in my book.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top