Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Re: The end of the free TV licence?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I still find it difficult to believe that you still have a TV Licence at all. There can't be many countries that tax its citizens directly for watching TV.
We are taxed on everything here. In fact taxation is our answer to every problem, that and fines. How else would we be able to be so generous to the rest of the world?
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:53 AM

We should no longer be forced to pay this tax. The BBC lost it's way years ago when it started seeing ratings as the be all and end all. The quality of it's news coverage is appalling with anything American getting prominence with the rest of the world rarely getting a mention.

Programs are so dumbed down that I struggle to find anything to watch on the BBC at all these days.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
We should no longer be forced to pay this tax. The BBC lost it's way years ago when it started seeing ratings as the be all and end all. The quality of it's news coverage is appalling with anything American getting prominence with the rest of the world rarely getting a mention.

Programs are so dumbed down that I struggle to find anything to watch on the BBC at all these days.
You could fund the BBC out of general revenue rather than tax users. Public broadcasting is a service every country should have.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top