Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:45 PM

Re: Trapped nerve in my back.

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Longfellow, I have COPD and am on an inhaler, so have to be careful which meds I take. I could not even take the morphine following my surgery. I have a review appointment with a GP next week, so I will push him/her (?) to prescribe something. I too could do with a decent night’s sleep instead of the occasional hour before the pain wakes me.

Life’s a bitch sometimes isn’t it?
Cee Cee we each have different levels of acceptance to certain drugs. I remember in my early years when I was dx with Alpha1 that they tried me on various different mixtures. I never knew some weeks what day it was.

Be strong and take charge is my advise to you and do what you know is better for you.

I also do believe that a lot of problems could be solved if we all had our own doctors and not just anyone that is on duty at these walk in surgery's they have nowadays.
I personally have not been to a walk in surgery but I have friends in various parts of the UK that have been to them and they never get to see the same doctor always a different one and they have to start repeating themselves each time because most doctors never read their notes on the computer screens in front of them.

Since 1999 when I was dx with Alpha1 I have always had the same doctor where ever I went to live. I will not go to the surgery if my GP is on holiday or off sick unless I am really desperate.

Good luck next week with your appointment I hope they sort out some kind of pain killer for you, so you can get that good nights sleep.
LF
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:20 PM

Painkillers sometimes seem so random as certain people are allergic to them or have some other kind of bad reaction to them.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Its back with a vengeance been tossing n turning most of the night but dropping back off to sleep till around 5am and then the pain really dug in again.

Just forced a couple of slices of toast down me don't normally eat this early but my stomach needs something in it before I start on the painkillers again.

Oh what a bliss day it is going to be,just typing this message is killing me.

Have a good day folks.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:26 AM

Sorry to hear of your pain Longfellow. I know how you feel. I was not sleeping because of the pain, but had to get up at 3.45 a.m. to go out an go up my drive, using my crutches, to close the gate which was clanging in the gale. I was really worried that I would fall but couldn’t stand the combination of pain and noise. Back indoors I risked taking a Nurofen, to hell with the epigastric problems, I did then at least get three hours sleep.

I hope your day improves.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:08 AM

Longfellow, I feel so sorry for all the pain you're in.

I've only just come across this thread and haven't read all the posts but I wondered if you'd asked about pain patches? I know somebody who had morphine pain patches and they worked.

There are others apart from morphine but I expect they're the strongest.
longfellow
Chatterbox

10-12-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Longfellow, I feel so sorry for all the pain you're in.

I've only just come across this thread and haven't read all the posts but I wondered if you'd asked about pain patches? I know somebody who had morphine pain patches and they worked.

There are others apart from morphine but I expect they're the strongest.
Carol I tried various patches and they never worked,I think its because the nerve feels like it is behind the actual shoulder blade so the patch would possibly not get to it. That is the only reason I can think of why it still hurts.

Its been well over a week now.
It was a week Friday actually and it was getting me down but now I am getting used to it in a fashion.
I find on top of the pain killers I have been prescribed if I add 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen to the mix I just float through the days.

Trouble is in my 2 visits to the hospital I have found that there is no one with any idea on duty at A&E and my GP seems quite happy to just give me whatever I require with no sense of what is really wrong.I would love a scan but when I mention it to my GP she says the physio therapist will do that.
So now I am waiting really for either the nerve to settle down or hopefully the GP's referral to get to the physiotherapist and I get a letter from them telling me when I can go and hopefully get it sorted.

I am now getting more sleep so things are not to bad.
My shoulder and neck are killing me writing this small piece so I am spending less time on my computer at present which as got to be a relief to others.

Thank god for Netflix.

Thanks for your thoughts.
longfellow
Chatterbox

02-01-2019, 12:18 PM

Got a phone call this morning about 9.30am a lovely Geordie lass from the Physiotherapy Unit asking me a couple of questions and then telling me some one would phone between 10 and 10.30am.
Got the second call asked a few more questions and then given an appointment tomorrow at 1.30pm Basildon Hospital.

So I have a month in pain and taking god knows how many painkillers of variations and then out of the blue an appointment.

Perhaps these people should be running A&E..

I am so much hoping for some relief I know I will possibly have to have a few sessions before they sort it but at least now I can look forward to some one doing something.
Not just giving me a couple of Diazapan or a handful of painkillers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 12:24 PM

Let's hope you get some relief LF. If the Physio is good, you should feel a bit better straight away. It has been a month now, you deserve some rest.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 01:38 PM

At Last! Let's hope they can sort you out now LF.
Leet us know how it goes, won't you.
Good luck.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 02:06 PM

I am so pleased to hear that they are going to do something that may stop the cause of the pain, rather than giving you pills to just stop you feeling it.
It may take a while, but please keep us updated with progress. Good luck!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top