Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 06:32 PM

Sir David Attenborough

Has addressed the UN environmental conference .
He says time is running out for the world....

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sir-davi...ate-conference
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Re: Sir David Attenborough

I have a great deal of respect for that man!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have a great deal of respect for that man!
So have I, and I would trust what he says over any politician
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 07:38 PM

Yes I've just watched his talk on the news , it is very concerning isn't it . Do our governments really care , its a worrying feeling
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 07:54 PM

I too have much respect for David, he is a very intelligent man who knows what he is talking about, we could do with him for prime minister!
My dad and I were talking about this tonight.

Its been said for a long time that man is destroying the planet but as yet I see very little being done about it. They need to act quickly for the sake of our future generations.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:21 PM

I have always tried to do my bit albeit In a small way
Not used plastic bags don't use spin dryers only boil the water I need .
These simple measures have been a subject of derision over the years .
These are merely drops in the oceans we all need to take stock and take action before it's too late and it is indeed nearly too late.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 09:26 PM

You can't have this many people occupying this planet without making an impact. The only way you could make a difference is to reduce the population, and how would you go about doing that?

David is just stating the bleeding obvious.....

Who's going to make a start by giving up their warm house, car, TV, computer, holidays, jewelry, clothes, electricity, timber, medication etc......

What gives us the right to stop some guy in Brazil from chopping down the trees to make living, in the same way we dug millions of tons of coal from under Yorkshire, or slate from Wales, or Limestone from Dorset, or iron ore from Australia?......

Installing solar panels and growing your own veg down the allotment is not going to save the planet!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2018, 01:02 AM

Well if we don't extinction is on the cards .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
So have I, and I would trust what he says over any politician

Not 'alf. Same here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2018, 01:05 AM

If we don't do something now our grandchildren will live in a world of infiernos and floods and a planet devoid of life .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top