Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:04 AM

Re: Do you send Christmas Cards ?

Only a few mostly to elderly relatives who don't have computer access or folks who l know would be upset not to get one.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:31 AM

I went through my list and found three people on it had died since last year. I only send about 12 and hand deliver the rest.
I has got expensive especially if you make or buy some that are layered etc.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Yes I still send and am dreading the postage bill. I also have cards to send to the US, birthday and Christmas, and one fits inside the other.

One or two nieces and nephews have stopped sending, so they came off the list some years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:43 AM

My list is getting smaller every year. Last year I made a note of those that sent them to me and those that didn't so I will be referring to it it this year. At one time, that would have bothered me for being so mean but I am past caring now.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I do .
But the list is much less now .
I think I may have sent 20 this year of which most were to immediate family and old friends.
Yes I do still send hand written special cards to a few family and friends....nowhere as many as I used to though.
I really enjoy recieving handwritten thoughtful cards and keep these from year to year.
I do tend to think it will die out altogether sadly ...in time!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:06 PM

The price of cards and the cost of posting them has made it an expensive business. I'm sure the whole idea will disappear eventually. Another thing that greed had destroyed.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:44 PM

I posted 28 Christmas cards yesterday. It used to be over 40.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:57 PM

No. I had one sent to me by a woman from the next town so I will hand one in to where she works as I dont know her address and dont want to.
She sent me a hand made one with Happy Christmas and big romantic love hearts on last week.
I will give her a cheapo one with no verse and just sign it From Mr D******.
I'm just not interested in her. She wont get the hint. 😠😠😠
I will give my family theirs with their presents, and if my neighbours give me one I will send a return one. Some of them appear to have fallen out with me.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 01:36 PM

Yes I do, this year was 36 sent and 15 by hand, its getting to expensive, might have to cut it down next year, the stamps came to £28 plus three abroad cards which were another £4.50.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 01:58 PM

I really dont mind the cost to send any "special" cards as I think its all part of the seasons greetings....I cant be doing with quibbling over a few pounds here and there to make someone feel theyre cared about .....how humbuggy!!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top