Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:59 AM

Re: Beggars Banquet

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Obviously, you know nothing about the period, because you weren't there .....

Comparative albums for the period:

The Who

The Who Sell Out Released: 15 December 1967
Tommy Released: 23 May 1969
Who's Next Released: 14 August 1971

The Stones

Their Satanic Majesties Request Released: 8 December 1967
1968 Beggars Banquet Released: 6 December 1968
1969 Let It Bleed Released: 5 December 1969
1971 Sticky Fingers Released: 23 April 1971

The Who were never at that time, or ever, in the same league as the Stones - I bought all the records, I saw the bands live ..... at the time ..... you're only playing catch-up ......
I was only a kid yes mate, but I've devoted my life since to music. You don't need to question me on it believe me. Why do you think it's all about the hits though? The Who were as popular as the Stones in their own circles. They had their fans as the Stones had theirs. Both bands were huge.
Just because I "wasn't there" doesn't mean I know nothing. I wasn't around in the American Civil War but I know plenty about the subject.
I'd leave you standing on a proper conversation about music and I certainly don't need to consult Wikipedia for my fact finding mission.
You are obviously a "huge" Stones fan otherwise you would be having a duscussion instead of being argumentative.
But you are known for that.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:16 AM

Just because you prefer one band doesn't mean they are better.They all musically different.At that time I liked equally ,The Stones,The Beatles,The Kinks,the Who,The Beach Boys,The Yardbirds,the Zombies,Cream,The Byrds and probably more I've forgotten
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was only a kid yes mate, but I've devoted my life since to music. You don't need to question me on it believe me. Why do you think it's all about the hits though? The Who were as popular as the Stones in their own circles. They had their fans as the Stones had theirs. Both bands were huge.
Just because I "wasn't there" doesn't mean I know nothing. I wasn't around in the American Civil War but I know plenty about the subject.
I'd leave you standing on a proper conversation about music and I certainly don't need to consult Wikipedia for my fact finding mission.
You are obviously a "huge" Stones fan otherwise you would be having a duscussion instead of being argumentative.
But you are known for that.
Personal "attacks" are not condoned on the forum.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Just because you prefer one band doesn't mean they are better.They all musically different.At that time I liked equally ,The Stones,The Beatles,The Kinks,the Who,The Beach Boys,The Yardbirds,the Zombies,Cream,The Byrds and probably more I've forgotten
Exactly. It's personal taste isn't it mate?
Personal "attacks" are not condoned on the forum.
Thanks for reminding me, Meg
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Actually, I never said "better", I said "in the same league", so, for example, at the time, the Who were considered "pop", and the Stones "rock", the Who may have been considered "anti-establishment" but the Stones were part of the "counter-culture" and they were, as you say, musically different - no-one, at the time, could mistake a Stones track for one by the Who .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-12-2018, 04:35 AM

Actually, I never said "better", I said "in the same league", so, for example, at the time, the Who were considered "pop", and the Stones "rock", the Who may have been considered "anti-establishment" but the Stones were part of the "counter-culture" and they were, as you say, musically different - no-one, at the time, could mistake a Stones track for one by the Who .....
You've answered your own question, if there ever was a question..
The Who, like the Rolling Stones were always a rock band. True, they both had hits which put them in the 'pop' bracket, but The Who were much heavier in their style than the Stones ever were.
I like both bands and have seen each three times live.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

06-12-2018, 04:40 AM

You've answered your own question, if there ever was a question..
The Who, like the Rolling Stones were always a rock band. True, they both had hits which put them in the 'pop' bracket, but The Who were much heavier in their style than the Stones ever were.
I like both bands and have seen each three times live.
Your "knowledge" is unsupported by fact and patently untrue.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-12-2018, 04:51 AM

Your "knowledge" is unsupported by fact and patently untrue.
Rubbish. You just don't understand what I'm talking about. Your judgement is clouded by your personal opinion. I always listen to people's opinions but I also know the facts too.

Anyway, all this has given me an idea for a series of threads...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

06-12-2018, 04:54 AM

Rubbish. You just don't understand what I'm talking about. Your judgement is clouded by your personal opinion. I always listen to people's opinions but I also know the facts too.
Naturally, you weren't there, so you've read all about it and now you know everything ......

...... but you thought a Stones track was a Who track for years .....
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 04:59 AM

I've come to the conclusion that people just like arguing on this board.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top