Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:01 AM

Re: Beggars Banquet

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I've come to the conclusion that people just like arguing on this board.
I wouldn't disagree with that .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I've come to the conclusion that people just like arguing on this board.
I just feel sorry that your thread was ruined mate by somebody who judges bands on hit singles only. My apologies for my part in that.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I just feel sorry that your thread was ruined mate by somebody who judges bands on hit singles only. My apologies for my part in that.
Oh dear, you seem to have missed a post about albums .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Oh dear, you seem to have missed a post about albums .....
Be it about singles or albums, each band had their merits and were equally great. I prefer The Who by a whisker.
Shall we leave it at that Omah?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

06-12-2018, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Be it about singles or albums, each band had their merits and were equally great. I prefer The Who by a whisker.
Now that is a statement I agree with (preference excepted) .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-12-2018, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Now that is a statement I agree with (preference excepted) .....
Good, we've diffused a potentially life-threatening heated debate

But The Who were best
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 11:48 AM

Never one to jump in the middle of a hot debate I like to sit in the wings and watch,listen and smile even cringe occasionally at what is written.

You both should really not compare groups who have separate musical taste's and the two that you both are comparing cannot be more apart.
Both where fantastic bands I take nothing away from them on that score. They made good music and The Rolling Stones are still doing that.

If I was asked to choose I would always listen to The Rolling Stones rather than The Who.
Mainly because there is a larger variation of music with the Stones. Not because they have had more hit's.

To put it plainly they have been about and can play/sing anything apart from Opera, I have never heard them sing Opera. But I could be wrong.

A part from a small reunion concert I saw a while back where Daltrey pranced about on stage huffing n puffing and literally looking like Mr Blobby with Townsend I haven't the faintest what is happening with 2 left in The Who these days.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-12-2018, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Never one to jump in the middle of a hot debate I like to sit in the wings and watch,listen and smile even cringe occasionally at what is written.

You both should really not compare groups who have separate musical taste's and the two that you both are comparing cannot be more apart.
Did I not make that point .....

It wasn't me who confused one with the other for years .....

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Both where (sic) fantastic bands I take nothing away from them on that score. They made good music and The Rolling Stones are still doing that.
No, they're not .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

07-12-2018, 04:06 PM

Arguably, both bands haven't released a great record since the 1970's. And if we mention singles, both had their final greatest hits in 1981. The Who with 'You better You Bet' and The Rolling Stones with the classic 'Start Me Up'.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 04:58 PM

Nice to see The Stones planning next years concerts.

April 2019
20 - hard rock stadium miami, fl

24 - tiaa bank field jacksonville, fl

28 - nrg stadium houston, tx

may 2019
07 - state farm stadium glendale, az

11 - the rose bowl pasadena, ca

18 - levi’s® stadium santa clara, ca

22 - centurylink field seattle, wa

26 - broncos stadium at mile high denver, co

31 - fedexfield washington, dc

june 2019
04 - lincoln financial field philadelphia, pa

08 - gillette stadium foxborough, ma

13 - metlife stadium east rutherford, nj

17 - metlife stadium east rutherford, nj

21 - soldier field chicago, il

25 - soldier field chicago, il

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top