Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Re: Help

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Could you possibly take a picture of it?
I’m a woodworker and could definitely help you if I knew the type of wood and condition of it and I can’t do that without a picture.
It is in good condition , it"s just being able get it shining that"s my prob.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
It is in good condition , it"s just being able get it shining that"s my prob.
Id first try a damp cloth with a bit of soap first to take the old oil and clean it from debris and then put some good furniture polish on it. Others members would have a better idea than I would about that since I don’t live there and am not sure if you have the same brands of products. Something I hadn’t thought of beforehand.

Good luck Apricot!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 03:32 PM

With using vinegar; I’d try a spot area first for testing because vinegar can break down some finishes so best be careful not to ruin what finish you do possibly have.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Id first try a damp cloth with a bit of soap first to take the old oil and clean it from debris and then put some good furniture polish on it. Others members would have a better idea than I would about that since I don’t live there and am not sure if you have the same brands of products. Something I hadn’t thought of beforehand.

Good luck Apricot!
When you say soap ,do you mean ,like washing up liquid ??
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

11-12-2018, 03:56 PM

When you say soap ,do you mean ,like washing up liquid ??
Yes! I’d get a cloth and dip it in a bowl of water with a drop or two of dish liquid. Suds it up some then ring it out well. You don’t want to add much water to the wood or it could raise up the grain if not properly finished and sealed but by the words you chose, it doesn’t sound like that will happen. Let the wood dry well, like the next day before applying the polish since you don’t want to be sealing in any possible moisture.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-12-2018, 03:59 PM

Thankz Bratti , will try that tonight before go to bed , so it can dry overnight .
x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

16-12-2018, 04:18 PM

Thankz Bratti , will try that tonight before go to bed , so it can dry overnight .
x
You’re welcome APRICOT.
How did your table turn out? Did it make a difference or is the finish still dull?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top