Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Music & Musical Instruments

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
Hi Bratti

As you can see from my pic I am a none musician (Drummer)

I did learn to site read but that was long time ago so i don't think I could do it now

As regard playing professionally I used to play between five to seven nights a week all over the country but still had a day job so i always said i was Semi pro

Still have a drum kit although I have not played for over ten years since moving to Spain
Drums. How exciting. I’ve always been fond of drums but that would have never been ok at our house growing up. Not a chance.

Working as a musician 5 to 7 nights a week , I’d definitely consider professional. I always thought professional just meant you got paid for your services. I certainly didn’t work that much to call myself professional then and the money usually was put back into the band for purchasing music etc.,

I hadn’t played for years either but the interest came back.

Thanks for sharing your musical experiences with us. Hopefully you’ll play once more.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
A garden shed studio? You’ve got your own studio?
Can your neighbours here you ? If so, what do they think of it?

Have you ever written or recording any of your own stuff?
I haven't had any complaints from the neighbours so far - so it can't be too bad. It must sound strange sometimes though if I am recording harmonies. I can hear everything in my phones, but all an outsider would hear would be the harmonies which would sound really odd without the overall musical context.

I've recorded a couple of my own songs. This one ('Dead on Arrival at your Heart) is a sad song I wrote about 40 years ago about a break-up. I found it in an old file and recorded it to see how it sounded. - https://soundcloud.com/user-11840510...ead-on-arrival

This is one I wrote much more recently for my wife and is a much happier song about our relationship - https://soundcloud.com/user-11840510...9044/wild-card
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I haven't had any complaints from the neighbours so far - so it can't be too bad. It must sound strange sometimes though if I am recording harmonies. I can hear everything in my phones, but all an outsider would hear would be the harmonies which would sound really odd without the overall musical context.

I've recorded a couple of my own songs. This one ('Dead on Arrival at your Heart) is a sad song I wrote about 40 years ago about a break-up. I found it in an old file and recorded it to see how it sounded. - https://soundcloud.com/user-11840510...ead-on-arrival

This is one I wrote much more recently for my wife and is a much happier song about our relationship - https://soundcloud.com/user-11840510...9044/wild-card
That’s very well done Mike. You truly are a musician with a good voice. I like your laid back style.

So you did your own harmonies by recording over your own vocals ? That’s exactly what I want to do. You ought to be proud of those recordings. They are most impressive?

When you explained about how the neighbours would only hear the background of your recording. When I first started playing my first keyboard , I was so excited about playing that I’d wake up in the middle of the night and play. I wasn’t worried about anyone hearing me because I had a headset I plugged in which only I could hear. One night I’m playing away and my husband wakes up and asks what I’m doing making so much noise at 3:00 in the morning. That’s when I noticed that the headset wasn’t plugged in. It was also mid summer so all the windows were open so my neighbours may have heard also. Oops
My husband reminds me of that all the time.

It’s nice knowing people who have actually recorded something. I’ve liked to but never quite managed.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top