Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:09 PM

Push me pull me!

It is not easy for me these days!
I am a bit scared of escalators, so I use the elevator if possible. I push the button, it goes up, it goes down, I often get out at the wrong floor by mistake. Push the button again, wait, I go up, I go down, I give up!

Then those revolving doors, if the person behind pushes it too hard, I get pushed around too fast!

Oh and those pull along plastic shopping baskets, I tried pushing, the handle retracts, I end up head first in the basket!

Any more?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:31 PM

Re: Push me pull me!

From the thread title, I thought you meant this ......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-dr-dolittle-large-pushmi_360_a674d48d741bf834f19e4e0eadcb881a.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	8161  
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
From the thread title, I thought you meant this ......
Ha ha Tiff. X
That as well. X
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:40 PM

I can't do escalators at all, I'm far too shaky, lifts are fine though luckily as I'm up and down in the ones at work several times each evening.

When I read your title it reminded me when I was a young girl they had a push me pull you animal on TV and I was convinced it was real ! I think it was first TV show I ever saw and I believed everything I saw for ages. Looked for years for a llama with a head at the front and the back
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:51 PM

I am not a fan of escalator , I stand watching the steps rotate fearful of stepping on and finding myself on the edge of a step and unbalanced.
In the end I grab both rails feet flailing in the air looking for something firm on which to put them.

Thank goodness my shopping days due to Internet shopping are limited to small local shops these days where my feet can stay firmly on the ground
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 03:39 PM

I don't mind escalators, it's the heights I don't like. A particularly bad one is in John Lewis Oxford Street. You can see from the top floor right down to the basement.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Just be careful on escalators. I had a friend who fell down one. Silly girl - she dropped something & bent to pick it up while she was riding the elevator. She ended up at the bottom - shaken & bleeding but luckily no serious damage...

I can't say that any of the things you mention bother me sweetie but I have on occasions got off at the wrong floor.

I love your description of the plastic shopping baskets!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->

Oh and those pull along plastic shopping baskets, I tried pushing, the handle retracts, I end up head first in the basket!
Originally Posted by carol ->
I love your description of the plastic shopping baskets!!
I hate those too. I normally just end up carrying them anyway.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:53 PM

We don't have Escalators up here, it's been years since I was on one. I remember it was on the London Underground and was massive and fast, I was scared silly on the blasted thing, couldn't see the bottom. It felt like I was being rushed down to the Bowles of the Earth.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough...….Shudder.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am a bit scared of escalators, so I use the elevator if possible. I push the button, it goes up, it goes down, I often get out at the wrong floor by mistake. Push the button again, wait, I go up, I go down, I give up!

Then those revolving doors, if the person behind pushes it too hard, I get pushed around too fast!

Any more?
Your not frank spencer are you?......ooo, Betty.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top