Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 06:21 PM

Re: Push me pull me!

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
It is not easy for me these days!
I am a bit scared of escalators, so I use the elevator if possible. I push the button, it goes up, it goes down, I often get out at the wrong floor by mistake. Push the button again, wait, I go up, I go down, I give up!

Then those revolving doors, if the person behind pushes it too hard, I get pushed around too fast!

Oh and those pull along plastic shopping baskets, I tried pushing, the handle retracts, I end up head first in the basket!

Any more?
I don't care for escalators either. I have a balance problem which I think relates to my ears.
Dogs aren't allowed on them anyway.
So, we use elevators and we are all fine with that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't do escalators at all, I'm far too shaky, lifts are fine though luckily as I'm up and down in the ones at work several times each evening.

When I read your title it reminded me when I was a young girl they had a push me pull you animal on TV and I was convinced it was real ! I think it was first TV show I ever saw and I believed everything I saw for ages. Looked for years for a llama with a head at the front and the back
Dr Doolittle, I believe????

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not a fan of escalator , I stand watching the steps rotate fearful of stepping on and finding myself on the edge of a step and unbalanced.
In the end I grab both rails feet flailing in the air looking for something firm on which to put them.

Thank goodness my shopping days due to Internet shopping are limited to small local shops these days where my feet can stay firmly on the ground
I have a fear that I inherited from my Mother, she got her shoelaces caught in one. I cannot use one if lots of people are. But, sometimes I have no choice, Meg.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't mind escalators, it's the heights I don't like. A particularly bad one is in John Lewis Oxford Street. You can see from the top floor right down to the basement.
Yes saw that I am worse going down then up.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Just be careful on escalators. I had a friend who fell down one. Silly girl - she dropped something & bent to pick it up while she was riding the elevator. She ended up at the bottom - shaken & bleeding but luckily no serious damage...

I can't say that any of the things you mention bother me sweetie but I have on occasions got off at the wrong floor.

I love your description of the plastic shopping baskets!!
True story.

I hate those too. I normally just end up carrying them anyway.
I can't if there is a lot of heavy items.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We don't have Escalators up here, it's been years since I was on one. I remember it was on the London Underground and was massive and fast, I was scared silly on the blasted thing, couldn't see the bottom. It felt like I was being rushed down to the Bowles of the Earth.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough...….Shudder.
Yes, Roxy, you are so right, they do have elevators, but, I think they are hidden. Originally there were steps, I saw them once!!!! That is even worse!!!!

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Your not frank spencer are you?......ooo, Betty.....
Oh Primus, you are getting to know me.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-12-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Something like that Spitty.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't care for escalators either. I have a balance problem which I think relates to my ears.
Dogs aren't allowed on them anyway.
So, we use elevators and we are all fine with that.
Some places don't have them, Besso.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Something like that Spitty.
Some places don't have them, Besso.
Yes - hotels don't as a rule. Stairs or a lift are the choices.
We were on our way to Scotland and we had an overnight stop about half way. Dog friendly hotel. Max is now a seasoned traveller but that was his first long trip and his first hotel stay. And his first encounter with an elevator. We were concerned about he would react.

He waltzed right in like he owned it........

It's just one of those many things that make us realise how lucky we got with our rescue.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-12-2018, 09:43 PM

Yes - hotels don't as a rule. Stairs or a lift are the choices.
We were on our way to Scotland and we had an overnight stop about half way. Dog friendly hotel. Max is now a seasoned traveller but that was his first long trip and his first hotel stay. And his first encounter with an elevator. We were concerned about he would react.

He waltzed right in like he owned it........

It's just one of those many things that make us realise how lucky we got with our rescue.
Absolutely Besso. Time for a pic of him. It puts a big smile on my face. Am I being pushy?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

13-12-2018, 09:51 PM

Your wish is........

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 10:44 PM

Those underground ones, I have always fancied sliding down the middle bit but not a good idea with those little sign things in the way. Ouch!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-12-2018, 11:34 PM

Your wish is........

Aww I am smiling. X

Those underground ones, I have always fancied sliding down the middle bit but not a good idea with those little sign things in the way. Ouch!
Longlegs!!!!
Your imagination runs riot at times.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top