Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 12:30 AM

Re: do you like christmas?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No Sarah I don't like Christmas either and have very little to do with it these days . It is full of ghosts ...

The winter solstice is of more significance to me , the year turning and the prospect of another spring

Not long to go now Meg, only next Friday.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 01:17 AM

I love Christmas but it’s so emotional. Memories of loved ones and past Christmases come back in , somewhat of a haunting way. It’s crazy but then once it’s over , I crash and get a bit down. It’s the same cycle every year but I brace myself for it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 01:58 AM

No I don't like it I wish it were over.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 02:06 AM

I have always loved Christmas. It's a bright light in a time of darkness. I hate this time of year and I too look forward to longer days. Christmas symbolises new beginnings and forces us all to make an effort to think about something other than the day to day.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have always loved Christmas. It's a bright light in a time of darkness. I hate this time of year and I too look forward to longer days. Christmas symbolises new beginnings and forces us all to make an effort to think about something other than the day to day.
This is what I like about it also. It’s the shortest part of the year (daylight hours )which does have an effect on our moods. Christmas is an exciting distraction that breaks up the bleak long cold winter months.

Many people suffer a bit of depression during the winter and Christmas brightens it up some. Christmas songs are so beautiful. The lights are gorgeous. The food is delicious. It’s an over indulgence in everything but we need it; we deserve it.

It’s a time to reflect over the year and think about our loved ones. It’s also the end of the year but beginning of another.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 07:18 AM

Winter starts.

3 Months deadness.

Christmas is the last chance to feel are joy of the past year.

I have a rose that is trying to flower the last rose of the year.

The longed-for summer goes;
Dwindles away
To its last rose,
Its narrowest day.

No heaven-sweet air but must die;
Softlier float
Breathe lingeringly
Its final note.

Oh, what dull truths to tell!
Now is the all-sufficing all
Wherein to love the lovely well,
Whate’er befall.

~ Walter de la Mare (1873-1956), English writer
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 07:26 AM

No, I don't like it. Christmas that is, I like the poem.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 07:32 AM

I don't like it and avoid it as much as possible. As Meg says, it's full of ghosts.

One thing that annoys me about it is other people's assumptions that because I'm on my own I must be lonely. I'm on my own all year and I don't get lonely then so why should Christmas be any different?

This Christmas I'll be decorating my kitchen
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 08:32 AM

I love Christmas....I love decorating the house buying presents making nice food having people round. I know I'm lucky ...how I will feel when those I love start dying or I lose my health I don't know but I will enjoy it whilst I can....who knows what next Christmas will bring.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 08:49 AM

I love everything about Christmas and the run up to Christmas and thoroughly enjoy every aspect of it but I have to admit since I lost my sister it is tinged with sadness.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top