Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 06:57 PM

Feel good movies.

I want to watch a few feel good movies over Christmas.

My own personal favourite is 'Pretty Woman'

What's yours?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Re: Feel good movies.

Love Actually it's on this year too so I'll be watching again. Also Flash can't miss that.

Miracle on 34th street
It's a wonderful life
All on this year !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 08:03 PM

I like a good selection of movies
Its a Wonderful Life is excellent
Jingle All The Way
Die Hard
Skyfall
I also watched Death Becomes Her today which I enjoy too
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I want to watch a few feel good movies over Christmas.

My own personal favourite is 'Pretty Woman'

What's yours?
Golly that's a tricky one to ask. It's a pretty subjective thing to ask TBH. For some the cringe worthy sappy contenders like 4 Weddings, Notting Hill and Love Actually will classify as "feel good". For me they are simply cheesy mush. So it comes down to what makes YOU feel good.

Some typical "girly" feel good films to consider are:

Big
An Officer And A Gentleman
Top Gun
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Ghost
Grease

However for me personally, a "Feel Good" movie is one that makes me think, plays with my emotions a little, tugs at the heart strings a little and which delivers a good ending.

My suggestions are these:

KPAX

Ian Softley's brilliant film about a mental institute full of patients with various conditions which is turned upside down when its latest patient called Prot (Kevin Spacey) claims to be from another planet. The institute director Mark (Jeff Bridges) is sceptical and assumes Prot is just another mental case until he starts providing a vivid account of like on planet KPAX and how the star system is laid out. Prot has a fascinating view of humans and their woes and sets about helping each of the institutes inmates to help themselves.
Meanwhile the director Mark sets about uncovering his history on Earth and the traumatic events that lead to his current condition.

It's a heart warming film that tugs at the heart strings whilst providing plenty of intrigue (as to whether Prot really is or isn't from KPAX) and running right through it is a brilliantly soulful sound track. A must watch imho.

Life Is Beautiful

A famous movie that shouldn't really need much explaining.
A story about a father and son caught up in the holocaust with the father doing all he can to help his son get through it.
It's a truly great film but have a box of tissues at hand.

The Adjustment Bureau

An interesting thriller and love story combined. Starring Matt Damon and the lovely Emily Blunt. Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Politician Damon falls for a beautiful dancer but there are higher powers watching and manipulating mankind's futures. They need Damon to stay away from the girl as it impacts future outcomes. Damon must fight the Bureau and find a way to secure a future with his love whilst the Bureau warn him that if he pursues this goal they will catch him and erase his mind.

A Few Good Men

Absolute classic that is hard to ignore if it comes on TV no matter how many times you've seen it. Brilliant performances from Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson in a classic fight of truth against wrong doing.

Not your sappy Love Actually type film but nevertheless a film that grips your constantly and rewards you every time you see it.

Starman

This is a classic from the 80s starring Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen. It's a romance with a sci-fi theme. Bridges is an alien who comes to earth and assumes the form of a woman's dead husband. He brings a new lease of life to her and opens her perspectives. Once authorities become aware of him there ensures a road trip as they try to flee and evade them. The performances are outstanding and that's why Starman has a huge following even 30 years later. It's another film that plays with emotions and has a teary ending.

Groundhog Day

A classic. No explanation required

Groundhog Day

A classic. No explanation required

The Green Mile

Great story about a prison inmate with an unusual ability.
Tom Hanks provides the usual brilliant performance.
Another film that tugs the heart and emotions. Highly acclaimed.

Other films that you may want to consider are:

The Railway Children

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (the original !!)

The Shawshank Redemeption (though I personally think it's way overhyped)

When Harry Met Sally

Forrest Gump

Billy Elliot
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:25 PM

North by NorthWest with Cary Grant.Our hero get's in terrible danger but we know he's going to survive.
Or any other Cary Grant film.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Greatest Showman
Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption

Although old Flight of the Navigator was an absolute feel good movie
Miracle on 34th Street but I prefer the old one with Natalie Wood

ET
Big with Tom Hanks was fab
Something about Mary

I like Animation movies and these are my favourite:
Monster House
Frozen
Tangled
Polar Express

I can think of loads more but I don't wanna overload you lol.

Oh and one to watch at the movies is
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY - F A B U L O U S

If you want a good cry I can recommend The Notebook but be prepared to sob your heart out, I did!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 09:49 PM

Castaway Tom Hanks + Forrest Gump
Hitch with Will Smith .
Elf with Will Ferral .
Polar Express wth Tom Hanks [in fact anything he is in is great .]
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Castaway Tom Hanks + Forrest Gump
Hitch with Will Smith .
Elf with Will Ferral .
Polar Express wth Tom Hanks [in fact anything he is in is great .]
I've never seen Castaway but my son is always telling me i should watch it, he says its great
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 10:43 PM

Hi

Any Movie which involves Nicole Kidman removing her clothing.

Always makes me feel good.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any Movie which involves Nicole Kidman removing her clothing.

Always makes me feel good.
ya little bugger lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top