Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Re: Impatient door thumpers.

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
The reason it's now 24 hours is because of cuts.

When RM was opened up to competition they had to make the business pay for itself. One way of saving money was to make all delivery routes (walks) bigger. The average walk used to take around 2.5 hours, now it takes more like 5.

In your local delivery office there is a place called The Locker. This is where all the undelivered parcels get taken. The locker is only open for part of the day (until 2pm here). If your postie leaves you an "undelivered" docket he can't guarantee to be back at the sorting office before the locker closes. If he isn't back before it closes your parcel won't get logged in that day. It has to wait til the next day when another member of staff does the logging in.

Hence you can't collect for 24 hours.

If you want to blame anyone then blame whichever government it was that saw fit to privatise the postal service

Sorry but I get really wound up when I think posties are being given a hard time.

As I said before, walk a mile (or 10) in my (old) shoes.
I certainly don't blame the posties, I blame the Post Office itself for not being user friendly. Our lovely post office is now stuck in the back of a sweet shop with no post box outside. They have built three windows but there is only ever one person serving. Luckily I get on well with my postie because I help him out by taking in parcels for all the neighbours. If I miss his knock and run after him, he will let me have the parcel rather than making me go to the post office a day later.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Longdogs, having contributed to this thread, I found myself doing a bit of research, did you know there is a national centre of excellence for teaching couriers how to use a doorbell? It is located in Wales, in Pressthatin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Longdogs, having contributed to this thread, I found myself doing a bit of research, did you know there is a national centre of excellence for teaching couriers how to use a doorbell? It is located in Wales, in Pressthatin.
Do they get a certificate? I am already licensed to climb a ladder you know.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Do they get a certificate? I am already licensed to climb a ladder you know.

Yes, according to the "Press Release".
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Groan!
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Groan!
Good one Ray. You made me smile.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Groan!
Double groan.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top