Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 07:32 PM

Re: Football Rant

Blimey that was a smack in the mouth.... I really believed that Corrie and Eastenders was really happening! And oh dear now I have been told that Football is a game for airheads!!!. Well sorry to say I am a Manu and Liverpool supporter, and I also support IRFU and the only real team Ireland. Come on lads we could be doing something awful like watching Cricket!. Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 07:34 PM

Hammer I am here and I am right behind you, its been awful without the Game...... God Almighty we need some thing to shout about before we kick the bucket.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Never mind football, the way this thread has gone I may need to get my boxing gloves out
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

05-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Ding! and there goes the bell for the first round!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

06-08-2011, 01:15 PM

Round ! Annie is about to annoy all comers by saying that today is a Rugby Day, Hooray, with any luck, and a great deal of skill we will leave Scotland floundering, got to go now to practise the songs.. Fields of Athenry and Soldiers song, see the Flannery is on the bench, but where is BOD.!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

06-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Come on Hammer....... Bob and I need you, you wont hear this but I am singing "Ime forever blowing bubles, pretty bubbles in the air"
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 02:00 PM

Fairly typical then, for football to screw everything up.

I am on another forum where it is almost an unwritten rule that football is not mentioned, because it causes so much upset..............
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

06-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Fairly typical then, for football to screw everything up.

I am on another forum where it is almost an unwritten rule that football is not mentioned, because it causes so much upset..............
Au contraire, it was not football that screwed everything up but one members intolerance of anothers enjoyment.

As to your last sentence, I have no wish to spoil the harmony of this forum and if it is the wish of the majority that football is a taboo subject then I will gladly remove myself from membership.
Strange that not one person has said a word about this until now.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Football . . . shmootball . . . I can't stand it, nor those who live eat and sleep it . . . and I object to the amount of time it gets on TV.

I pay a licence fee to be entertained in my home, not to be bored outta my skull by this immature pastime.

They all need to grow up IMO, both those who take part and the more idiotic types who follow the "sport" and pay through the nose for doing so.

I often wonder how much it costs policemen and traffic wardens to attend these farcical events twice a week . . . I live 400 yards from Falkirk football stadium and it's a pure nightmare both with traffic control and the stupid roars we hear everytime a player so much as scratches his ass . . . it is not the most popular sport in Britain as some would have you believe . . . Angling is . . . . could you hear the furore if us fishermen carried on like the football fraternity . . . . and anglers cost the local communites nothing.

Have I made my point folks ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Round ! Annie is about to annoy all comers by saying that today is a Rugby Day, Hooray, with any luck, and a great deal of skill we will leave Scotland floundering, got to go now to practise the songs.. Fields of Athenry and Soldiers song, see the Flannery is on the bench, but where is BOD.!

Annie darlin' - come on sing along to this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CCq2qvslCM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top