Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

19-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Re: The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

Originally Posted by John ->
My lot, yes got a goal back, but another struggle this season beckons.
Hopefully it will improve John.

The manager, Dean Holdsworth seems to have a lot of faith in them and it only needs a couple of good results to turn it into a season of hope.

The Conference is a hard league and quite a few of the so called elite from above them have perished in cup games.

Keep the faith my friend.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

22-08-2012, 05:57 PM

Spare a thought for Kevin Sheedy, the retired Republic of Ireland and Everton Midfielder who has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and will undergo surgery this week.

Kevin, 52 is positive of making a full recovery after the operation and getting back to his job as Academy coach at Everton.

I am sure he will approach his new goal with the same resolve he showed as a player and will get the victory he deserves, nonetheless I wish him and his family every good wish for the future.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Lets hope that super win over United cheered up Kevin. Its just that little bit more shocking, when a fit active former player gets brought down like this. Did'nt know he was still at Everton, nice to see he's with good people like David Moyes etc.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Good luck to Kevin, a really nice guy who, I am sure, will come through this unexpected setback. All the best to him.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

24-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Lincoln City are hosts to Macclesfield Town at Sincil Bank on Saturday afternoon, kick-off is at 15:00.
The Imps have enjoyed a good record against the Silkmen taking two thirds of the points from at least the last 15 encounters.
Since the season has only just begun we can only look further back for form indicators. Having won four and lost two from the last six played looks fairly good. Macclesfield on the other hand are seemingly pretty dire, they have lost all of the last six games.
Lets hope that Dean Holdsworth can steer the Red Imps to a good win.

My club travel to the Liberty Stadium for their encounter with Swansea, the Kick-off is at 12:45. The Swans enjoyed a good first season in the Prem finishing up in 11th place. They played some good stuff and proved to be far more than a breath of fresh air.

When Brendan Rogers departed for fields of Anfield Red I suspect most thought that one of many Premier league jobseekers would be offered the post. However, Michael Laudrup got the gig and looks to be improving on the quality Swansea already had. For certain he will want to add to the impressive away win - or should that be mauling - of QPR last weekend. What better way than in your first home fixture.

As for us, a few injury concerns and fitness issues. We have at last signed the ex Wolves winger, Matt Jarvis, but our lack of depth must still be a problem for BFS.
We will get away with it until the inevitable injuries start to pile up but we cannot rely on academy players to get us through. We have a decent record against the Swans but I think if we can drag a point away with us down the M4 we will say job done.

On Sunday Liverpool take on champions Man City for their first match at Anfield this term, the kick-off is at 16:00. The Reds will be looking to expunge last weeks defeat at West Brom from their memory banks.
Brendan Rodgers has indicated that he needs to turn Anfield into a fortress to get success and he's hoping to show this on Sunday. He said, "We know that if we are going to have any sort of success this year, we've got to make sure we can win as a many of our home games as we possibly can. Manchester City are the benchmark, they are the champions and it's going to be a really difficult game".

He added that the players were really focused and looking forward to the game. I think most of us felt that conviction seemed lacking for large parts of last term.
It would be good to see The Reds competing with a purpose again, as long as they have a couple of day's off when we play them of course.

The corresponding fixture last time round ended in a 1-1 draw but I somehow think this time might be different.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:35 PM

There's a lot of trepidation at Sincil Bank at the moment due to loads of injuries and lack of signings. A bit of an emotional fixture with Macclesfield, as Keith Alexander was their manager after he left Lincoln, and unfortunately thats where he died, also Richard Butcher former Imps player died there also. Should be a close affair. Hammer, I'm thrilled about Matt Jarvis going to the Hammers, as I've always thought he was a great allround player. You guys might get a result down in the valleys.Would'nt like to call the Anfield game. Man City are full of options everywhere on the pitch. Good luck, and keep calm and carry on!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Not a very good day Hammer or indeed John so I feel like that I am indeed in very good company Just hope that we don't suffer too much tomorrow when Man City come to Anfield

Swansea really have hit the ground running and it looks likely that they will be a force to be reckoned with, especially at their Liberty Stadium.
Haven't read a report on the Lincoln game John, did you attend the match at all?
No shortage of goals in the 2-3 win for Macclesfield, hard luck!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Hope you do better than we managed Bob, it was dire.
There is a case for seasoned players but when it goes wrong it costs dear and today was a classic example.

It would take forever to list what was wrong but in all honesty I am too shell shocked at the moment.

Sorry to see John's lads did not manage it either.

Looking to the Reds to salvage something from the weekend.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire

26-08-2012, 11:51 AM

I did go Hammer, but my god it was desperate stuff. Goal down after ten minutes, equalised in 30 minutes, and thats how it stayed till late in the second half, when they scored twice, the third goal a dubious penalty, which the goalie blocked twice, only for a player to get a tap in.Lincoln scored in the last minute of normal time, and that I'm afraid was that. Your guys had I believe a similar depressing result.What is happening to top goalies at the moment? Jaaskelainen's blunder just the latest of a growing list. Must say, I think we've seen the best of that lad, only hope I'm wrong for the Hammers sake. Well its up to Bob now to lift the depression on this thread! Got a feeling the Reds will sneak it. Go give City both barrels!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

26-08-2012, 06:05 PM

Well I don't believe it! Two defensive errors from Liverpool and Manchester City get away with a 2-2 draw but at least the Reds didn't get beaten although they tried their best to due to glaring errors from Skirtel who also scored a fine goal and Kelly
All in all a much better all round display from the Anfield men which hopefully will kick on in to a decent run for the remainder of the season, Suarez's goal was supreme.
Maybe didn't lift the depression by much John but it's a bit of a start for us.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top