Join for free
Page 229 of 259 « First < 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 09:59 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Was it just me who noticed when Claudia told Norris that Ken 'Liked to put in a few lengths on an afternoon'...

Does he really!.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Was it just me who noticed when Claudia told Norris that Ken 'Liked to put in a few lengths on an afternoon'...

Does he really!.....
I'm not sure that Ken has the capability!

More to the point, I wouldn't want to put even one length in with Claudia at any time of day or night. She's too 'posh' and affected and 'superior'. In fact, she really doesn't fit in on The Street any more than you'd expect to see the Queen living in a rough area of Manchester!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm not sure that Ken has the capability!

More to the point, I wouldn't want to put even one length in with Claudia at any time of day or night. She's too 'posh' and affected and 'superior'. In fact, she really doesn't fit in on The Street any more than you'd expect to see the Queen living in a rough area of Manchester!
That's quite true JB, but Ken has pulled quite a few birds in his time. There is some very dubious acting going on just lately; Emma (Steve's daughter) could do with a few acting lessons (just changing her expression from time to time might help a bit) as could the Doctor Ali and his brother. I was glad to see Ali leave the street. Just a pity that Gary didn't give him a good hiding before he left, Gary always gives the street a bit of excitement.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 04:44 PM

Does he really!.....
I laughed at that too and nearly choked on me cup of Yorkshire's finest.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-04-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I laughed at that too and nearly choked on me cup of Yorkshire's finest.
Sometimes I think it should be called 'Carry on, Up the Street'
and I expect Kenneth Williams to turn up at any second Percy.........Ooooo Missus!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2020, 11:43 PM

At least Kenneth Williams could act, Foxy!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:39 AM

That Doctor Ali bloke is the worst, most wooden actor I've ever seen on Corrie's cobbles. Thank the Lord he's finally cleared off. He's definitely relegated Dev to second place.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
At least Kenneth Williams could act, Foxy!
Good point Tabby.....Bring back Elsie Tanner, Jack and Vera Duckworth and Sarah Lancashire.....Mind you....Sarah does tend to mumble a bit in 'Last Tango in Halifax'....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
That Doctor Ali bloke is the worst, most wooden actor I've ever seen on Corrie's cobbles. Thank the Lord he's finally cleared off. He's definitely relegated Dev to second place.
He doesn't show Doctors in a good light does he eccles....
And I reckon he was a bit of a stalker too the way he kept annoying Maria.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 01:22 PM

Good point Tabby.....Bring back Elsie Tanner, Jack and Vera Duckworth and Sarah Lancashire.....Mind you....Sarah does tend to mumble a bit in 'Last Tango in Halifax'....
I find that the greatest difference between the original Coronation Street and today's is twofold.
Firstly, there are far too many characters today.
Secondly, the characters and scripts suffer greatly from PC-ism.

Page 229 of 259 « First < 129 179 219 227 228 229 230 231 239 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top