Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Re: Car lights

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My first Cooper did that drove me up the wall as I kept thinking I'd stalled the bloody thing and everyone was thinking, "Hee hee stalled it!!" like we used to!
I called up the dealer thinking something was wrong and it was all explained.
But you can turn it off.

Too flipping clever by half these cars now...Lordruthio's car starts the windscreen wipers up when it senses rain, switches headlights on if it's getting dark or if you go through a tunnel...
I can talk to my car, tell it to do stuff like air-con on etc. Problem is the talk back is from a woman, I say turn on radio and she turns on the wipers. Have asked her for other stuff but she says not while you are driving. Anyway never use it , just more to go wrong
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
I can talk to my car, tell it to do stuff like air-con on etc. Problem is the talk back is from a woman, I say turn on radio and she turns on the wipers. Have asked her for other stuff but she says not while you are driving. Anyway never use it , just more to go wrong
Oooo you are AWFUL
I'd like it if mine gave me a shoulder massage when I'm driving a long way, and a cuppa tea would be good...also if it could sort out my CDs neatly instead of an untidy heap on the passenger seat.
And when I shout "Don't be so f****** stupid!" at some poor soul on the radio, could it please give them a sharp clip round the ear

What I really love is the total silent respect it gives me when I'm reverse parking, which if I may be allowed to boast for a moment I do rather well...and I don't, thank goodness, get the dreadful beep beep beeeeeeeeeeepy noises some cars do.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:31 PM

It's ok for you lot with modern motors. When it gets dark, I still have to stop and light the oil lamps.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oooo you are AWFUL
I'd like it if mine gave me a shoulder massage when I'm driving a long way, and a cuppa tea would be good...also if it could sort out my CDs neatly instead of an untidy heap on the passenger seat.
And when I shout "Don't be so f****** stupid!" at some poor soul on the radio, could it please give them a sharp clip round the ear

What I really love is the total silent respect it gives me when I'm reverse parking, which if I may be allowed to boast for a moment I do rather well...and I don't, thank goodness, get the dreadful beep beep beeeeeeeeeeepy noises some cars do.
Shocking way to treat a car, if you did it in my baby you would have to die
I know my car talks but what good fortune cars in the past could never tell their secrets, what a tale they could tell
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 09:55 PM

Most of the time I have my lights on.. My green car on country lanes, its almost invisible without them.. Having been involved in one head on collision I will take measures to avoid another if possible...

You know what? I leave my mobile phone switched on too..
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 10:19 PM

It was a eu directive from a few years ago where all cars manufactured after a certain date had to be fitted with daytime running lights ( drl,s) it was for safety reasons as its supposed to make the vehicle easier to be seen in daylight, now all new cars have to be fitted with tyre pressure monitoring sensors , soon it will be mandatory for emergency city braking ( where the car will brake automatically at low speeds if it senses you are about to hit something ) driverless cars are getting nearer,
dukeofearl
south coast uk

09-09-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Most of the time I have my lights on.. My green car on country lanes, its almost invisible without them.. Having been involved in one head on collision I will take measures to avoid another if possible...

You know what? I leave my mobile phone switched on too..
This is where life gets frightening
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 10:28 PM

Time will tell, it could just be a Flash in the Pan.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 10:35 PM

Why would other drivers cars lights being on in daylight bother anyone. I would rather see them on than the alternative of no lights at all either in heavy rain or in severe spray. I drive on motorways a considerable amount of time and nothing infuriates me more than seeing cars with no lights in such conditions. Incidentally often in the middle lane too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
More Volvos about than there used to be?

Nothing to do with just Volvo's anymore, although I think they started it first. Most new cars have their side lights on whether we like it or not.
I have just bought a little Fiat, and that has its lights on all day too.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top