Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 04:21 AM

Re: Car lights

In the states a bunch of cars with lights on during the day is a funeral procession and you should give them right of way to follow each other.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 08:01 AM

Actually adding to this is my own little rant. This morning its misty and so pulling out is a bit more difficult especially as there are some drivers in their silver or dark couloured cars who think that because its after dawn they dont need lights,. Grrrr I could knock their heads together.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 08:49 AM

EZ im on about having lights on in bright sunshine its ridiculous!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It was a eu directive from a few years ago where all cars manufactured after a certain date had to be fitted with daytime running lights ( drl,s) it was for safety reasons as its supposed to make the vehicle easier to be seen in daylight, now all new cars have to be fitted with tyre pressure monitoring sensors , soon it will be mandatory for emergency city braking ( where the car will brake automatically at low speeds if it senses you are about to hit something ) driverless cars are getting nearer,
Yes tyre pressure monitoring valves which are MOT failures and can cost up to £100 EACH !!!! rather than £2-50. We are all stupid it seems. Why do we put up with this ever increasing bullshite inflicted by half-baked pen-pushers in EVERY facet of life. Jobs for the boys does not come near
How many accidents are these things causing rather than preventing?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
In the states a bunch of cars with lights on during the day is a funeral procession and you should give them right of way to follow each other.
In the UK these days a funeral procession is a bloody nuisance to be passed and carved up asap.
Was a time when people took their hats off and showed respect, days long gone in our rushing and crowded rat race.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Actually adding to this is my own little rant. This morning its misty and so pulling out is a bit more difficult especially as there are some drivers in their silver or dark couloured cars who think that because its after dawn they dont need lights,. Grrrr I could knock their heads together.
Very true
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
In the UK these days a funeral procession is a bloody nuisance to be passed and carved up asap.
Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Was a time when people took their hats off and showed respect, days long gone in our rushing and crowded rat race.

Some of us still have respect and wouldn't dream of "carving up" a funeral procession Duke.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 10:51 AM

I drove a Volvo for years and the lights cannot be turned off they just come on when you start the car, I got very used to idiots yelling to turn the lights off !

Funerals are no longer respected it's true we see some really stupid behaviour around the crematorium here. Same people I am sure who would yell if anyone disrespected them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I drove a Volvo for years and the lights cannot be turned off they just come on when you start the car, I got very used to idiots yelling to turn the lights off !

Funerals are no longer respected it's true we see some really stupid behaviour around the crematorium here. Same people I am sure who would yell if anyone disrespected them.

Well I must have led a sheltered life, because I have never seen anyone be rude about a funeral. I think that's awful.
It might be them in the box next time!
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2015, 04:04 AM

I always drive with dipped lights on. Always have for 40 Odd years. We started when my husband worked Germany, as it was mandatory over there making cars more noticeable. We have had a succession of Volvos in the past, so lights staying on was not a problem but a blessing.Neither are windscreen wipers a problem, when sensing rain. All these gizmos, being able to talk to your car ect, are to make life easier and safer. If you have them then you would miss them if they were not there. My phone is built in, so only have to press a button on the steering wheel to answer,so not a problem. Only VERY close family have that number for emergencies. It's nice on long journeys, alone,to have family occasionally ringing to monitor progress and safety.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top